Lost my EAD which in my purse that has been stolen.

Pooja Jain

I've also lost my EAD which was in my purse that has been stolen. I've got my EAD just a month ago, and I was planning to start working as soon as i get the job. I have my SS number as well. I am on L2 visa. I know my application number and EAD card number, but don't have any copy of my EAD. I am having a letter that I've got with EAD card that contains my EAD card number and application number. Do i have to apply a new EAD with the prescribed fee again? or can it be reissued with a minimal fee if I give my EAD card number? Please help me if anyone has any information related to this. How can I get my EAD reissued with minimum cost and time?

EAD and SSN card should not be carried around regularly; they should be kept in a safe place and taken out only to show an employer or for other official business like applying for a driver's license.

Anyway, to obtain a replacement you file the same I-765 form, but select "Replacement (of lost employment authorization document)" and pay the fee again*.

*if your EAD is based on an I-485, there is no fee unless the I-485 was filed before the summer 2007 fee restructuring.