lost green card


Registered Users (C)
hello all,
a friend of mine has lost his green card and will apply for a replacement. but meanwhile, if he wants to travel outside the U.S., is there some sort of temporary green card that he can obtain while he gets the replacement card?
also, what's the timeline for I-90 now? I looked at the processing times on uscis but couldn't understand the timeline graph.

please advise.