Lost "Expired Passports"

sanjoseaug20

Registered Users (C)
Not 100% sure, but it looks like I lost
A) expired Indian passport for me. It expired in 2001. I still have cancelled Indian passport (set to expire in 2011) and valid US passport
b) expired US passport for my kids. I still have current US passports for them. The visa stamps are in the current passports.

Not 100% sure because it is likely related to the move. I never kept these expired passports in my possession. I just realized their absence, and can not locate them where I think they should be. I sense I will find them after turning the house upside down, but that will take time and I want to know if I should anyway be worried about these, or prioritize this over everything else...

Aha, and? Expired passports are not valid anymore, and it doesn't matter in the slightest if you lost them. Sentimentally it might matter, but that's why humanity created blogs.

It is recommended to keep expired US passports because if you loose your current one, you can use your expired passport (expired < 5 years) as a proof of your US citizenship.

Loosing expired Indian passport? Does not matter in the slightest.

Sorry should have been clearer ... have been travelling and may not be able to further correct if it is needed.

From my perspective, the only value is sentimental, correct. I am wondering if I should take any pre-emptive steps just in case they are misused by someone - the old Indian passport looks "old", but the expired US passports for my kids look new. It is like ... when you sell you car, you send out a note to DMV asking to be released of all liability against it. In this case, you lost something not valuable to you, but someone might be able to misuse it ... should you take any steps (like filing a police report) to save you hind against any such abuse.