Losing American citizenship due to COVID19

spiros-linda

Hello,
I'm an American citizen and I have two children who turn 18 on August 3, 2020.
I successfully submitted the N600K applications under article 322, booked tickets on 1/10/20 for the USA and scheduled an appointment for July 13, 2020.
Due to the COVID19 pandemic, we won’t be able to keep our appointment, as the US and then the EU closed their respective borders. In fact, our flight was cancelled by the airline.
I notified the N600K ELIS Unit USCIS/NEW AMB/ISO about our difficulties and asked if it was possible (1) for the appointment to be held in the US embassy of Athens or (2) to be given an extension of time that would allow us to travel somewhat safely. Both of these requests were refused.
Finally, I asked if the appointment could be re-scheduled for the end of July, hoping for the resumption of flights. As of yet, I have received no answer to this question.
Has anybody been in or has been in a similar situation? And, what can I do?

Thank you for your time

The US border is not closed, and as children of a US citizen your children are exempt from the schengen travel ban. So if you can find an air route that’s open, and I understand people are still flying in regularly from Europe, there is no real restriction on actually getting here.

Does the actual appointment need to be before your children turn 18 or do they just need to enter the US before then?

Both appointment and entrance need to be before our children turn 18 Our concern is that our children were sick in december ,before covid ,with bronhitis and its a big risk for their health , and ours too ,traveling and changing airports and airplanes with the disease raging everywhere.....

Both appointment and entrance need to be before our children turn 18 Our concern is that our children were sick in december ,before covid ,with bronhitis and its a big risk for their health , and ours too ,traveling and changing airports and airplanes with the disease raging everywhere.....

What did you do in the end?