Looking for example Letter to Congressman

EB1OR2005

Registered Users (C)
I would like to request some of the lucky ones out there to kindly share their letters they wrote to their congressmen in order for them to make inquiries on your behalf.

My representative is Michael T. McCaul (Texas 10th district). Has anyone written to him for help on immigration matters? If yes, please share your experience with him.

Thanks,
EB1OR2005

Maybe this will help, found it somewhere on internet.

Nov 28, 2006

Senator Edward M. Kennedy
Massachusetts Office
2400 JFK Building
Boston, MA 02203

Dear Senator Kennedy:

My name is XXX and my wife’s name is XXX. I am a research associate at XXX University. I am writing to request your kind assistance in our Permanent Residency (I-485) application with the US Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS).

I filed “Immigrant Petition for Alien Worker” (I-140) in March 2004, which was approved in April 2005, and I filed “Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status” (I-485) for my wife and me in July 2004.

Recently I inquired USCIS at Vermont and was told that our applications are still pending due to background check. The process has been over 2 years and 4 months in total and now everything else is ready except the FBI name check. The delay will adversely affect US interest for the reasons of: 1. I am actively involved in Harvard University’s biology research efforts, I am unable to apply for several grants that require permanent resident status; 2. The delay might indirectly assist other real dangerous people since they might take the advantage of lengthy delay to lawfully stay here.

Senator Kennedy, we are asking you for the following help:

1. Look into our cases at USCIS VSC, and have the immigration officers confirm the security check requests have actually been sent to the proper agencies and when;
2. Look into the corresponding agencies and have them to explain to you what exactly bogged down our cases;
3. Urge the corresponding agencies to expedite (or rather, not to further delay) finishing our security checks;
4. Urge the corresponding agencies to expedite sending the security check results back to the USCIS VSC;
5. Urge the immigration officer at USCIS VSC to expedite adjudicating our cases.

Below is our case information:

Name: XXX
SSN#: XXX
DOB: XXX
I-485 Receipt #: XXX
Alien #: XXX
Name: XXX
SSN#: XXX
DOB: XXX
I-485 Receipt #: XXX
Alien #: XXX

Thank you very much. We look forward to your help. Please contact me at XXX or email me at XXX if you have any questions.

XXX XXX
Your address here ….

Thanks per123. I've got an Infopass appt on 12/07. Will mail Michael T. McCaul once I know from the IO when the security check was started.