Looking at

saab

Registered Users (C)
some approvals ( negative side of this forum) , i waited 6 months just
for my PD ( 06/98 ) to become current in june 2001 . My I140 approved in jan 2001 that after i applied in june 1999 . if ins is ignoring to check if the pd was current or not before approving AOS cases , i might have just gone ahead and applied for AOS .
I think some guys who are getting approved are providing wrong information
thereby confusing the others who are waiting .
I am positive INS checks if the PD was current when it received the application .

I think ND posted a bogus approval

I saw a ferw more such cases in the last month that may have been questionable. i visit this forum on a daily basis and even though i have not posted before i read everything. some information is not reliable. ND should clarify.

ND

nd is on pcee\'s spreadsheet since a long time

Hence it is surprising that u feel that this is a bogus entry

I am sure it is genuine

I can imagine the relief that ND felt on approval and he/she must now be informing people at home and celebrating and drinking Johny walker and / or champagne /or wine

Hope it comes soon for all of us

Difficult that the data is all correct

Can\'t trust the data submitted is 100% correct. There are people out there who would try to pollute such database by adding fake/false entries thereby making it unreliable.

Getting a case approved without having priority date current is difficult to digest even that with the lawyer.

There is some data which surely looks fake provided you got eyes to see and sense to understand. No matter you drink Jony Walker or Red Wine, you would be mistaken with the false data.

Hope people posting false data understand that there are many hopes associated with this message board, especially based on the data being supplied by them. Hope such people would keep false data away from this forum.

Don\'t be mistaken that everybody posting data is putting false entries and buddy don\'t take it on heart. The messages posted on this forum or getting GC is neither life nor the end of life.

Good luck.
Cheers!!!

yes u r correct

that there will be the odd fake case

but our purpose here is to look at trends and not to look at specific cases and try to identify fake/genuine

INS does work in weird ways

There was a huge discussion a few weeks back about damsel and AZBoy\'s friend (a huge outburst) as to their being fake and that it was not possible for INS to approve may cases at that time

slowly more cases of may got approved and it kind of looked like damsel and AZBoy\'s friend were correct - Both vanished into ether after approval

Bottom line - look at trends and start cooling champagne on ice till u get approval

All of us will definitely get our approval soon (some faster than others)

Please note that some EB3s were current before July2001...

See my earlier response at following link.
PCee "Recent Approvals - February 2002" 2/4/02 5:03pm
-PCee

Thannks for clarifying that some of the EB3s were current

The talks references to those people who fall under EB3 category, were not current before July 1, 2001. Such people filed got their application with INS before July 1, 2001 before getting current and got approved. My lawyer does not agree with this fact that those people got approved.
For such cases, there should be something wrong either with the data being posted or with INS.
Anybody willing to take 2 cents!!
Cheers!!!

What could be the motive in providing false info on this site/forum?

1] Everybody knows the average salary of the person reaching 485 stage.
why would a person making 100K+ bluffin on this forum. that too anonnymus.

2] Like PCee said, INS was moving PD by 4/5 months every month before July 2001.
We don\'t have to jump to a negative conclusion

3] Like rsrgc - Ring Zing says, the trend is more important than isolated cases.

4] INS does not work with strict serial numbers or dates.

5] calling IIO is waste of time

6] calling girl friend is better use of time.

7] What ever we do, approval will come on the destined day, unless you are talking to a senator or faxing to INS every day.
in short, if you are too much out of trend, and you start taking actions rather than talking , things may move ( 4% scenario)

8] God Bless America and Freedom.

9] World Peace.

Motives ???

1) What was the motive to kill thousands of innocent people in WTC, New York, NY?
2) What is the motive of terrorist in Jammu-Kashmir in your home country by killing innocent people?
3) What was the motive behind Oklahoma bombing?
4) What is the motive of graffiti making building looks bad?

There are several questions about human motives, which are difficult to answer. Wish you have taken human psychology classes in addition of those high-tech lessons. BTW, we are too much digressing from the immmigration forum.
Again, 2 cents.
Take Care.

Answers:

Answer 1] Religious Fanatics at their worst. Many wars are already fought over it.
Answer 2] Power to rule, nothing new.
Answer 3] The guy who did it was mentally sick for government totally ignoring him after the Gulf War. Not condonable any way.
Answer 4] Lack of education, job and plenty of time.

None of this fit the dscription why would anybody lie here on this forum.

Bygones.

I disagree with you vidshnu. your reasons are very naive...

1)Money has nothing to do with it. That view is so very naive. It has everything to do with that person\'s nature. will an inherently dishonest person become instantly honest if they hit the jackpot. They will take their dishonest talents to a different playing field. Will a thief... Never mind. I am not saying that "ND" did that but there are definitely some mischief mongers everywhere. people should use their judgement to disbelieve whatever has a weak facts base. There have been a few posts in the recent past that donot remember vital date like EAD approval, FP date, PD etc. How can they not? do you guys not remember your case details? some have posted FP dates from san jose that are so out of whack with reality.
2)In this case, PD was may 2000. EB3 definitely was NOT current at that time for that PD. Current PD at that time was something like march 99.
3)I too agree with rsrgc that trend is more important.
4)if you took some time to understand INS processing you would realize that they do follow serial #\'s, dates as far as possible. the very nature of AOS processing where there are so many variables for a case to become available for approval results in some swings in dates which show up as haphazard processing to us. In reality they are doing their best job possible.

Probably yes.

On a public forum like this, it is the trend that matters. May be there are 10-15% false information or unknown information, Omitting that %, if we can continue the trend, still it will be helpful for the hopefuls.

My PD was 12/97, but it became current in April, but in july all EB became current. In april everyone until Jan 98 was current.

Probably from PCee spreadsheet if we take out the Priority date data and Receipt Date data and validate against the EB movement dates from April to July, we can weed out the false informations....

my 2 cents...

Few points about this discussion...

McCarthy, I guess people remember what they think is important to them. You may remember EAD approval PD etc. but I should acknowledge that I don\'t remember my AP, EAD and yesterday to write my PD I have to check my GC file (I know it is around May/June 98 but I was not sure).

I saw several people typed wrong year while submitting their data. In most of the cases I am convinced that it is just a typo rather than intentional misleading kind off. Some people give lot of importance and provide data very carefully and some people just do a sloppy job, it could be just their nature or just a typo!

In case of FPs so many people did their early FPs at San Jose even though it was actually scheduled at different location. And when we asked for FPLocation they (since they were not sure) they gave FPDoneLocation instead of FPScheduledLocation.

I think, we should be encouraging people to submit useful data (of course proper) and in this process we should accept the fact that we may get some improper data and we need to filter it out. At this point I am very confident that most of the data is very reliable and useful. Let\'s not worry about those one or two records, which may not seem in sync. If any one has question then ask the user to clarify and if you don\'t believe then just ignore that piece of data.

Let\'s encourage people to submit proper data.

Thanks
PCee

Good you know everything :)

Great Vishnu knows all the motives and can explain those in one line. Are you working for some intelligence agency by which you have so much inside information :) Just kidding. If you think more over this then you might realize that same points might apply to the original question posted on this board.
Answer 1] Religious reason - Some people have frantic illusions that immigrants are ruining this country after missing the point that their ancestors were on the same boat back in time.
Answer 2] Power to rule. Other people might want to drive traffic to their web site making them popular and selling those banner ads and minting money.
Answer 3] Some guy out here might be mentally sick and bully others most of the time. Please don\'t be mistaken that I am pointing towards you.
Answer 4] This is self-explanatory that some of the people graduated from this board are on bench and have no job, but plenty of time to kill.

As other pointed on this thread, I fully agree that trends are more important. Forum won\'t mind ignoring some misleading data and people bullying around. As I mentioned, please don\'t be mistaken. Thanks.

I an surprised to notice that you have the answer of the original question, but was NOT able to visualize those.

May you get your GC soon and graduate from this board.
God bless you and your family.
Good Luck.