Registered Users (C)
This has been posted from "The Complaint" thread
http://boards.immigration.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=762575#post762575
==============================================
Originally posted by razna
NSC Describes Its Plan for Concurrent Adjudications of I-140s/I-485s

Cite as "Posted on AILA InfoNet at Doc. No. 04042062 (Apr. 20, 2004) ."

CHANGES TO NSC PROCESSING OF I-140s/I-485s:

NSC is currently preparing all EB adjustments for adjudication which were filed December 2002 or earlier. Cases are deemed "adjudication ready" when fingerprints and the FBI name checks are completed. The NSC Contractor reviews all cases filed in December 2002 or earlier on a weekly basis to identify every case ready for adjudication, or conversely, every case with newly expired fingerprints requiring fingerprint rescheduling. This process ensures cases are brought to the adjudicators as quickly as possible and that older cases do not get overlooked.

Most cases filed prior to December 2001 which are not "adjudication ready" are held because of problems with the FBI name clearance. At the NSC there are approximately 2,200 cases filed prior to January 2002 which have not been cleared for adjudication. There are over 24,500 cases filed between February and December 2002 that are waiting for clearances. Again, the NSC sweeps "on deck" cases weekly to move the I-485s that have completed the mandated security clearances to adjudication

From the note, it seems "adjudication ready" means clearance from FBI (FP & Security clearnce). After that, it may go to an IIO for adjudication. Now, depending on the complexity of the case and mercy of the IIO, it may lead to RFE or direct approval.

-sk

hope they are telling the truth

"Look at every case with newly expired fingerprints requiring fingerprint rescheduling". Are they just looking, but not doing anything? How many of us with expired FP and never received a reprinting notice?

Re: This is indeed a good news

Originally posted by Jagabalia
But "adjudication ready" cases need to be approved immidiately.

Why don't we try to be a little more understanding in our expectations....

SirZ

If "adjudication ready" cases can not be processed immidiately, then how is it going to be different from now...

Also we can't expect anything predictably from INS and are only hoping that they provide some better services.

The work of the IIO starts AFTER the file is ready for adjudication. "Immediately" is just not feasible, considering that this work's execution time is greater than zero seconds. More importantly, it's not like IIO's are lying around eagerly waiting for a file to pop in the door and jump on it to start the execution time right away. If that was the case we wouldn't have a backlog. Contrary to what some believe, for the large majority (that 97% whose names don't trigger further scrutiny), security checks and name checks are NOT the cause of the backlog. More work (necessary and unnecessary) than there are resources is what causes the backlog. (Poor management just compounds it).

One thing you CAN expect from the agency formerly known as INS is that they CANNOT produce miracles.

surprised at your intention of reply

Everybody in this forum is aware of how INS works and also the reason behind the current backlog.

Anyway thanks for informing.
Pls try to restrict your reply to the topic of the thread.

Why don't you try speaking for yourself instead of everyone :) The evidence so far certainly contradicts your assertion of "everybody in this forum". It appears you didn't know, otherwise you would not have said something silly like "...must be adjudicated immidiately" (its 'immediately' by the way). Now that you know, perhaps such knowledge can be represented in your posting so that you dont give the impression of 'not knowing' to someone else.

Everything I said was related to a posting in the thread before, so please keep your suggestion to yourself.

Keep Cool

My point of immediate (thanks for correcting me) approval means cases should be adjudicated at the earliest.

Anyway I have not given any suggestion to anybody. Also I am not going to attack you the way you did.

Let's stop it.

good job

...good to see things are lively here - i don't regret coming back to the board. :)