Long Wait for I485 ..........

hpleaders

All,
Does anybody know what to do at this situation ?

Applied for I485,I140 on july2003 using substitute labour PD:2001
I140 got cleared after RFE on AUG2004.
FP done on sept8 2004 .
Inquried the case status ,Got a letter pending service consideration and security check ,lack of manpower some crap.
Again opened one more no response yet .
What should we do at this point .Our 3rd EAD is approved .
We see people with 2005 ND getting approved .
Recently changed the job did not notify INS (last month)
Any Suggestions ??

well I got a response on 05/12 from INS for my query made on 4/20 that they processing cases dated Nov12 2002, even though the web site has a diferent date... I am still waiting too

archer747 said:
well I got a response on 05/12 from INS for my query made on 4/20 that they processing cases dated Nov12 2002, even though the web site has a diferent date... I am still waiting too

I opened a ticket on 04/26 and USCIS responded saying they are waiting for my finger printing results. I did my finger printing in Nov 2004 and they received the results 11/29/2004. When I called USCIS back they told me that they are waiting for my background checks (guess name check) ... waiting .... :confused: :confused:

Well my 485 RD is July 2003 and PD is Jan 2001 (Substitute Labor). FP was done in Nov 2004 and USCIS got the results the same week (that is what it says on the website). Got my 3rd EAD in March. Initiated an inquiry thru customer service and they said due to lack of man power....... we do not know how long it is going to take. Sent an FOIA request to FBI and got a reply "No Records Found".

I 485 pending on name check.

Hi All - I had done my FP on 3/9/2005 and had an RFE on 4/6/2005 and replied on 5/17/2005. My 485 Message never changed to "received FP and further.." . Inbetween after replying to RFE I called VSC to check the status and got a reply that "pending security and name checks". To conform this I asked my wife to call VSC and she infact got the same answer. Even thought the Processing date has not passed my date(by just one day) i 'm seeing approval for cases as late as dec 2005 and more around my ND. Now i thought i will wait for the dates to move and start an enquiry and send faxs to VSC and FBI. Any suggesions?

Thanks

whereis_GC said:
Well my 485 RD is July 2003 and PD is Jan 2001 (Substitute Labor). FP was done in Nov 2004 and USCIS got the results the same week (that is what it says on the website). Got my 3rd EAD in March. Initiated an inquiry thru customer service and they said due to lack of man power....... we do not know how long it is going to take. Sent an FOIA request to FBI and got a reply "No Records Found".

Hello Whereis_GC,

How long did it take you to get the FOIA request back from FBI, did you send fax or email .... is there a format that I can use to initiate an FOIA request....
:confused:

RAVICHAND1 said:
Hello Whereis_GC,

How long did it take you to get the FOIA request back from FBI, did you send fax or email .... is there a format that I can use to initiate an FOIA request....
:confused:

Hi Ravi,

I sent the FOIA via Fax. There is a format actually a bunch of attachments in one of the threads by Rahul. I took the FOIA format replaced with my stuff and faxed it on a monday and i got a reply via snail mail on a thursday of the next week.