Local INS Interview

mani1000

Registered Users (C)
Hi All,

Recently my wife has gone for Green Card Interview the officer verbally told the case is approved will receive approval

notice with in 2 weeks , but now it is more than 1 months so far we have not received notice. The passport was not stamped

during the interview.

Does anyone has same or similar local INS interview experience?

-Mani100

Which Local INS? My spouse and I had the interviews

on Dec 10th at SFO and have not gotten any word from them yet. They said that we have to wait for the CIA/FBI clearance.
Bamana

Originally posted by mani1000
Hi All,

Recently my wife has gone for Green Card Interview the officer verbally told the case is approved will receive approval

notice with in 2 weeks , but now it is more than 1 months so far we have not received notice. The passport was not stamped

during the interview.

-Mani100

Hi,
My case is also similar .I had an interview in the local office for completing the AOS .The officer told that I will get the approval letter in one week.He also got my i-94.its been almost 3 months but still i haven't got the approval.If I contact the local IIOs they are not saying how long it would take.Did the officer get ur wife's i-94?post us with any progress in the case will dothe same
good luck

Originally posted by mani1000
Hi All,

during the interview.

-Mani100

Interview was at Charlotte INS

Re: Which Local INS? My spouse and I had the interviews

Originally posted by Bamana
on Dec 10th at SFO and have not gotten any word from them yet. They said that we have to wait for the CIA/FBI clearance.
Bamana

They have not taken I-94...

We had a similar case. Ours ha already been 3 months. Our interview was at San Jose. Yes, they did take our I-94s. Please post on this site if you hear any news about when things will move.

Thanks,
Hanginthere64

I also went to the Local Interview at Portland, OR on Nov, 25th.
The INS officer told me that they would send the approval letter in couple of weeks. 5 weeks passed and I haven't received anything. On Dec 30th I went to see the IIO at the Portland INS office. She told me that my case was put on hold waiting for the background clearance result. I asked her that my fingerprint was cleared from the FBI and she said they had to receive the additional name/DOB check result before approval. She also said that she didn't know the time frame and told me to check back after 2 months!!!! She also said that they received a bunch of responses but all were citizenship results and not a case of I485
the week before Christmass.

BTW I'm in family F2B category so the delay is for all not just employment base cases.
I've waited for about 11 years under indefinite paroled status
(They allows me to live in the U.S and file AOS when the visa becomes current on a case by case basis for humanitarian reason)
until filing for AOS on May 2002 so waiting a couple moths more is not a problem with me. The problem is you never know how long it would take because the INS doesn't tell you any time frame
at all. So it would take couple of days, weeks, months and may be forever. You have to be in my shoe to know how frustrating i am .Waiting for 11 years, no traveling outside the US because my status won't allow to have AP and I have to apply for EAD every years. In addition I could not get married because I will be out of F2B preference so forget about serious involvement with girl unless the girl you're involving with is an USC and would like to file the paperwork for you. During that waiting time you have to be careful not to get out of status or doing something stupid or your chance of AOS dooms. Let say if someone hits you in one cheek then you probably should ask he/she to hit the other cheek because if you defend yourself you may be charged with assault and bearing the immigration consequences. !!!!!!!LOL
My mom became USC on Nov so I'm now in F1 preference instead of F2B or if i'm married I would be in F3 without worrying about out of the preferences for family base visa.

I will post if I have something new

Originally posted by f1gcguest
I also went to the Local Interview at Portland, OR on Nov, 25th.
The INS officer told me that they would send the approval letter in couple of weeks. 5 weeks passed and I haven't received anything. On Dec 30th I went to see the IIO at the Portland INS office. She told me that my case was put on hold waiting for the background clearance result. I asked her that my fingerprint was cleared from the FBI and she said they had to receive the additional name/DOB check result before approval. She also said that she didn't know the time frame and told me to check back after 2 months!!!! She also said that they received a bunch of responses but all were citizenship results and not a case of I485
the week before Christmass.

BTW I'm in family F2B category so the delay is for all not just employment base cases.
I've waited for about 11 years under indefinite paroled status
(They allows me to live in the U.S and file AOS when the visa becomes current on a case by case basis for humanitarian reason)
until filing for AOS on May 2002 so waiting a couple moths more is not a problem with me. The problem is you never know how long it would take because the INS doesn't tell you any time frame
at all. So it would take couple of days, weeks, months and may be forever. You have to be in my shoe to know how frustrating i am .Waiting for 11 years, no traveling outside the US because my status won't allow to have AP and I have to apply for EAD every years. In addition I could not get married because I will be out of F2B preference so forget about serious involvement with girl unless the girl you're involving with is an USC and would like to file the paperwork for you. During that waiting time you have to be careful not to get out of status or doing something stupid or your chance of AOS dooms. Let say if someone hits you in one cheek then you probably should ask he/she to hit the other cheek because if you defend yourself you may be charged with assault and bearing the immigration consequences. !!!!!!!LOL
My mom became USC on Nov so I'm now in F1 preference instead of F2B or if i'm married I would be in F3 without worrying about out of the preferences for family base visa.

I will post if I have something new

Thanks for your reply. In My case it is employment based my case was approved earlier and wife case was transferred. Atleast she has advance parole now. For some people they have taken i-94 Also. only option is to WAIT, WAIT , WAIT.

Good Luck..

Thanks for sharing your experience. It must be really frustrating to have the process go on for so long. Just hope and pray that the clearances will be received soon. I will post if I hear any news about this freeze.

hanginthere64.

I'm confused

I still haven't received approval letter yet after 7 weeks!!!!
One of the user in another forum got her approval stamp
today at Portland OR INS office the same day after interview.
I'm really confused now, how the hell that mine is still sit on the shelves waiting and other people get the same day approval stamp.
It looks like they just put your case in the shelves and forget about it.
FBI clearance had to be done on my case by now? So what is the reason?

Mani100,Hanginthere64,Bamana have you guys received your approval letters yet?

Thanks

Re: I'm confused

Still waiting for approval, when the other user went for interview because from jan13 the freeze is lifted..

Originally posted by f1gcguest
I still haven't received approval letter yet after 7 weeks!!!!
One of the user in another forum got her approval stamp
today at Portland OR INS office the same day after interview.
I'm really confused now, how the hell that mine is still sit on the shelves waiting and other people get the same day approval stamp.
It looks like they just put your case in the shelves and forget about it.
FBI clearance had to be done on my case by now? So what is the reason?

Mani100,Hanginthere64,Bamana have you guys received your approval letters yet?

Thanks

Mani1000

She went to the interview yesterday 01/14/03 and got her approval stamp during the interview. So her FBI name check had to be finished before the interview.

f1gcguest.

I had interview at Portland OR INS Jan 8th.

I had interview at Portland OR INS on Jan 8th, but no passport stamp, only did Fingerprint(only one Finger, what's different from 10 fingers). The officer said that they're waiting FBI clearance check.
My I485(NIW) case had been filed for more than one and half years. Why FBI need so long time to do check? What does FBI check? Thanks.

Li Siny

That's the I89 form, which takes your index finger and signature
on both sides for greeen card production. The 10 fingerprint
is for FBI criminal background check to see if you had arrested
records. Now INS may have another Name/Date of birth check from the FBI in addition to IBIS check. That check may be come
from different databases other than the NCIC databases, who knows what in there.
When you got the interview letter then you had passed the 10
fingerprint check (supposed to be criminal background). You need
to get the clearance from the FBI to make sure that you aren't
in the FBI watch list....How long does it take for the clearance?
nobody knows, weeks, months or may be years...

I've waited for that FBI clearance from the interview on 11/25/02
at Portland, OR INS and still no approval.
Please post if you got your approval letter.

good luck

mani1000, please help

I have a question to ask you, please help. I think you are the primary applicant and your case was approved without an interview. Your wife's case got transferred to local INS for an interview. Am I right? When your wife went to the interview, did the INS officer asked about anything related to your employment? employment letter, w-2, or paystub? Did you go with her? I am concerned about this because I am in the same boat. I don't know if I HAVE TO keep my job to get my spouse approved. What if I lose my job? Will this create any problem on my spouse's case?
Please shed some light on this matter. Thanks in advance!

I am the primary applicant, They ask for the following document

current Payslip, employement letter, Past 3 years tax, Proof of residence, appartment lease document to prove living together, wedding photos, Life insurance document, Bank statement.

I hope this helps.

Hi mani

Hi mani,
I provoided all these document at the time filing i485 except Apartment lease agreement. Did u attach all these documents
at the time of filing. you are again submitting documents once more apart from including those at time of filing i485.

Can u tell feedback from INS offficer after going through the all documents. I am in same situation. My LC salary is 64k. I am gettting only 45k. please write breifly abt your interview

Thx
sank

Bamana, developments from my side

Hi Bamana,

Any news from your end? Did you get your approval?

I am scheduled to be interviewed on Feb 11 in SF. I got the letter on Jan 24. I guess they provide 15 day notice. My application was transferred to SF on may 6 2002.

I did visit the SF office every 15 days after November and kept giving the photo copies of all the documents. I do not know if it paid off ( I see some posts where people transferred to SF before me have not gotten the interview).

I have been asked to bring

1. Last 3 years of Corporate Tax Filing.
2. Last 6 DE-6 filings (Payroll information)
3. Four years of W2 including 2002
4. 2 Current paystubs for 2003
5. I-140 approval (Original and Copies)
6. Labor Certification approval notice (Original and Copies)
7. My court coviction notice of my DUI arrest.

I had not submitted the 7 originally. I submitted the photocopies of the conviction on every visit to SF.

Thanks to you guys, I have been anticipating and prepared for this event with all the paper work.

I will keep you updated after Feb 11.

Regards,
Bala Sundaram