Living/Immigrating to Canada From US

Lone5942

Hello my name is Lonnie, 23 years old, US Citizen from California and i wanted to desperately find some answers for my questions.

I recently graduated from the University of Manitoba and I studied there since the fall of 2008 and i just graduated May 2011. I worked on campus part time and maintained a job while i was doing my studies. I was going to continue my studies and extend my study permit since it expired in may and was going to spend 2 more years to get my teaching credentials from the University of Manitoba. Sadly i decided to come back home and rest for a few months, but since i Graduated from a Canadian university now im trying to figure out how im going to get back because i want to live there and establish a life there.

What i wanted to do was go back and take my last 6 credits of english to make me eligible for the program then apply, but what visa/permit should i apply for to do this? I wanted to go back to Manitoba, find work and save up so i can go back and take those classes and do the education program, but I've spent time looking at the paths through the government website and i have no idea which one applies to me or which one i can apply to that will allow me to go back and live there and establish a life.

I found that theres a post graduate work permit i could apply for since i graduated, but my study permit expired and now im sitting here in Southern california wondering whats the best path for me to take.

I want to live there, find work and of course take that program that allows me to teach there.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated and sorry for the long details. Didnt want to miss anything.

Thanks!