Living conditions in Halifax, Nova Scotia

PRdone

Registered Users (C)
Hello Members,

I have recently got a job in canada and they offered me 50K cdn. And this rate is very low when compared to Toronto/Vancouver. I would like to know the living conditions in Halifax. And also would like to know about tax rate in NS province.

Kindly some one share their experiences.

Thanks
PRdone

I have recently got a job in canada and they offered me 50K cdn. And this rate is very low when compared to Toronto/Vancouver. I would like to know the living conditions in Halifax. And also would like to know about tax rate in NS province.

Congratulations on getting a job in Canada. It is an achievment!!!
Salary depends on the job - but stiill, (for example if you are an engineer), 50k is low. Taxes are high everywhere in Canada - they are lower only in Alberta.

I don't live in Nova Scotia myself, so I can't give a more well rounded opinion. However, I do live in New Brunswick {very close to NS and have been there many times} First off, 50k is pretty low. It's basically what a high school teacher here makes. The tax in NB is 15%, NS is around that area. Not sure exactly what it is. Halifax itself is a big city. I personally don't like it, I feel scared whenever I'm there. There is a fairly large rate of crime there. However, tons of people live there their entire lives with no incidents! :p I hope this was of some help. And grats on the job if you take it :)