Likely Chennai CP Interview in July/August 2004

BJ77 said:
Folks:

My POE was detroit on 1st August and i got 2 welcome letters for myself on 16th August.

{Why 2 letters ? I think one of ours might have come to you .......HEEE HEEEE}

BJ77

Alren & jalabalajings:

It is from the Texas service center though all my processing is done in Nebraska.I remember in this forum somebody saying that it will be done in Texas service center.
It had a LIN number(i guess) also for the plastic card.Though my POE was August 1st the I-797(welcome letter) says that the case entered is August 11th(i think that is the date in which my case is entered in their database).

BJ77
alren said:
BJ,

Good for you. POE 7/19 at DTW. No sign of anything yet. Do you know where did you get the WC from?

vm1214:

One of my friend (ex-cper 2 years back) got 4 letters.I think that this may be because of some computer error (guessing!!!!!!!!!!)

BJ77

vm1214 said:
I was in the assumption that officer's have gone on summer break so no body is bothered to send the Welcome letter. It's already being 3 weeks but no sign of anything.

Stand in the line please ... ;). jalabala is in front of me, U're behind me ....

That is what I am doing sir...I try to keep my mouth shut but can't help some times...

Today my wife received her Welcome letter (2 copies) her POE was on 27th july (two days after me but still she got it .....Jeez)

Thanks

BJ77 said:
vm1214:

One of my friend (ex-cper 2 years back) got 4 letters.I think that this may be because of some computer error (guessing!!!!!!!!!!)

{I agree with you today my wife got 2 copies of Welcome letter}

BJ77

My POE was July 21, MPLS. Got my letter on Aug 16 (1 for each) me and my spouse.

I hope the A#s are the same in the duplicate ones !!

Online status check is available to find out the mailing date of the card. - May be a redundant info :)

Medicals/PCC or anything else to be redone for re-appointment?

BJ77,

Thanks for the detailed post from you regarding your experiences. I read it again this morning and realized that I had missed some portions of it that might be relevant to me. So, kindly answer these questions of mine. Hopefully you remember me as the one whose interview had to be rescheduled because of the wife's name not being on the appointment letter.

Q1) Looks like you got a BLUE letter meaning that you were at the consulate two times and you did not have all the documentation on the first day. Is that correct?

Q2) How long ago was the first interview? Reason I am asking is that you seem to have done your medicals and photo right before this interview. Did you have to redo them? My medicals are from July 12 (orig interview: July 16) and my current interview is for Sept 17. Hope they are valid.

Q3) What about PCC? My wife got her PCC on March 22 and I got it on April 26. Our interview is on Sept 17. I hope the PCC is valid. When I talked to the consulate, the lady mentioned that the validity is for 6 months. My wife is running it really close (6 months make Sept 22 as the expiry)

Please reply,
Sreek

BJ77 said:
INTERVIEW AT THE CONSULATE:

July 23rd morning 8 a.m is my immigrant visa appointment …..I went there at 7.45 a.m ….But that was too early…..Lot of people waiting outside like us….having a blue paper (They are the immigrant visa applicants who have gone in during the last weeks and was told to come again for lacking some
documents)…

....< snip >

On July 26th morning we received the Blue dart package and found that my spouse's mom name was misspelled.

vm1214 said:
Today my wife received her Welcome letter (2 copies) her POE was on 27th july (two days after me but still she got it .....Jeez)
Great! Now news about your letter yet ... ?

I think I have a theory, they are processing stuff recd. till the middle of the month in LIFO order. So we will have to wait for a few more days ... ;)

alren said:
I think I have a theory, they are processing stuff recd. till the middle of the month in LIFO order.

{ I think your theory can be right, as today I received my welcome letter (2 copies) on my name }

Name change

Can any one tell, how to request the name change on the Plastic card as the names printed on the Welcome letter is not correct or not the way we wanted it, should I call the number provided on the welcome letter or ???

thanks

Hi sreek,

I dont know from which consulate you got your PCC. But here is my logic (well, I can hear you saying logic does not work always with GC processing:))

PCCs are for a period of stay in India. You and your wife perhaps left india a few years ago. So, it technically does not matter when you get your PCC because things will not change if you had got it a year ago or 4 months from now. So, my 2 cents would be: If I were in the same situation, I would not to send the PP to the consualte now, have a nail biting experience before you have to get ready.. etc. etc. That said, your wifes PCC is technically < 6 months old. Maybe others more experienced can comment too.

I am in the same boat too. My PCC's "validity" is until Nov 12th. So, i called the SF consulate where i got my PCC and explained my situation saying if I dont get OCt interview, i want another PCC. The guy was pretty polite, said you can send the appl and PP and we will do it again. But he said they will stamp another PCC only 6 months after the first one, so in my case only if I get an interview in Dec or something, I will even get a PCC.

Q3) What about PCC? My wife got her PCC on March 22 and I got it on April 26. Our interview is on Sept 17. I hope the PCC is valid. When I talked to the consulate, the lady mentioned that the validity is for 6 months. My wife is running it really close (6 months make Sept 22 as the expiry)

sreek said:
BJ77,

Thanks for the detailed post from you regarding your experiences. I read it again this morning and realized that I had missed some portions of it that might be relevant to me. So, kindly answer these questions of mine. Hopefully you remember me as the one whose interview had to be rescheduled because of the wife's name not being on the appointment letter.

Q1) Looks like you got a BLUE letter meaning that you were at the consulate two times and you did not have all the documentation on the first day. Is that correct?

"Lot of people waiting outside like us….having a blue paper (They are the immigrant visa applicants who have gone in during the last weeks and was told to come again for lacking some
documents)…"

sreek...I am sorry...I think i confused you here...I got everything done in the first attempt.What i meant by "us" was immigrant applicants

Q2) How long ago was the first interview? Reason I am asking is that you seem to have done your medicals and photo right before this interview. Did you have to redo them? My medicals are from July 12 (orig interview: July 16) and my current interview is for Sept 17. Hope they are valid.

you are right.The medicals and immigrant style photos are valid for 6 months.But try to get a new offer letter(latest one) from your employer.

Q3) What about PCC? My wife got her PCC on March 22 and I got it on April 26. Our interview is on Sept 17. I hope the PCC is valid. When I talked to the consulate, the lady mentioned that the validity is for 6 months. My wife is running it really close (6 months make Sept 22 as the expiry).

If you can talk to your Indian consulate and convince them to get another PCC within a week...then that would be best.....If not....Just write an email to the chennai consulate immigrant visa unit stating your case that you postponed everything......and the PCC what you have now for your wife is around five and a half months old.Why i am saying this is when i went to the interview my wife's PCC is around 5 months old ...But they did not bother at all....Have a copy of your email communication and you will be all set for the interview.I wish you all the best.

BJ77

Last edited by a moderator:
Third welcome letter ....

Folks:
I got my third welcome letter :rolleyes: on last Friday.But as of now i did not receive anything for my wife.I am planning to visit canada using the temporary green card.Is there any document that i have to carry when i leave the country with temporary green card? Please let me know...

BJ77

I am new to this forum. Only recently that I came to know about this forum. I had gone to the interview last week at Chennai and everything went well. Only few question were asked about Work & Marriage. I did not get the latest Employment Letter in time and attended the interview without that letter. So was given the blue form and asked to submit when I receive the letter.

So can anybody tell me what would be the procedure when I go to the Chennai Consulate second time?
Will I have to just submit the document at the Entrance guy and leave? OR Do I have to get inside and submit it at the counter?
Will there be interview again with Consular?

Your response will be very helpful.

Thanks,
NT.

CP_India:
You cannot submit your appointment letter at the entrance and leave.You have to stand in line ....get inside and sit in the place allocated for the immigrant visa applicants.There will be somebody who walk around and collect the yellow and blue appointment letters for immigrant visa applicants.You will be given first priority.Hand over your blue appointment letter.Your name will be called by the desi people inside the counter and they will collect your latest appointment letter and i think they will tell you whether you need to meet the consular officer or not...
This is my understanding.

BJ77

CP_India said:
I am new to this forum. Only recently that I came to know about this forum. I had gone to the interview last week at Chennai and everything went well. Only few question were asked about Work & Marriage. I did not get the latest Employment Letter in time and attended the interview without that letter. So was given the blue form and asked to submit when I receive the letter.

So can anybody tell me what would be the procedure when I go to the Chennai Consulate second time?
Will I have to just submit the document at the Entrance guy and leave? OR Do I have to get inside and submit it at the counter?
Will there be interview again with Consular?

Your response will be very helpful.

Thanks,
NT.

Although no experience with Chennai, I agree that you will have to go in and finish the formalities.

Thanks B77 & Alren !!!!!

Was there any instance earlier of facing the Consular Officer for somebody gone in for second time with blue form?

Your replys will be very helpful for me.

Thanks,
NT