Likely Chennai CP Interview in July/August 2004

Question on documentation for vaccination

Hi all,

I have posted in several different formats, but I still dont have a clear answer... Can someone please help?

1) Vaccination records or Documentation that vaccination requirements are satisfied - What are the acceptable forms of documentation?

I have taken the vaccines, but i have no documentation since it was administered in india many many years ago. how can i prove that i've had all the vaccines..

In India, during the medical exam, do they do any tests to determine if you have had all the vaccines or do they ask you to just go thro a check list and say 'yes' or 'no'.

anyone with past experience or someone who is getting ready for the interview - please help. What are my options

Thanks
Dilbert

Dilbert,

I asked a friend of mine who had cp last year, they did not have the documentation, but the doctor in chennai had some way of telling that vaccinations were administered when they were young, so they were not required to take them again. Hope this helps?

I have no documentation as well. So I am just gonna walk in there. :)

-abaliga

Thanks, abaliga..

This may sound pretty silly - but the reason I ask is because I am very scared of tests and injections and everything that comes with it :eek: , especially if it is in unfamiliar surroundings..

I hope the doctor does some kind of face reading and comes to know that I had all my vaccines.. :confused:

If you come to know anything from your friend, please do provide that info..

Thanks,
Dilbert

abaliga said:
Dilbert,

I asked a friend of mine who had cp last year, they did not have the documentation, but the doctor in chennai had some way of telling that vaccinations were administered when they were young, so they were not required to take them again. Hope this helps?

I have no documentation as well. So I am just gonna walk in there. :)

-abaliga

Last edited by a moderator:
pachaiattai said:
My packet 4 was received at my residence in Chennai by my mother. Anybody else received it??

Hi,
How u got ur packet 4 to chennai?
Did u ask chennai consulate to send ur packet4 to chennai address?
did u send an email to comsulate or by u talked to someone.
Thanks
Vj

dilbert30 said:
Thanks, abaliga..

This may sound pretty silly - but the reason I ask is because I am very scared of tests and injections and everything that comes with it :eek: , especially if it is in unfamiliar surroundings..

I hope the doctor does some kind of face reading and comes to know that I had all my vaccines.. :confused:

If you come to know anything from your friend, please do provide that info..

Thanks,
Dilbert

Hi Dilbert,

I checked with a doctor in Delhi with whom I’ve just scheduled my appointment and she said that it would help if we bring any documentation e.g. US university medical records, or any vaccination list that shows the inoculations received. I’d filled an inoculation list (with my parents help) for the grad school when enrolling and am planning to take this with me. The main issues are of getting unnecessary injections, the associated costs and the off chance of getting minor fever. Medically, I don’t think there’s any issue of being vaccinated twice for the same disease. The main test is for HIV and TB. She said that 99% of her cases are clear-cut and she produces the report in 1-2 business days.

Cheers – this is the last hurdle before the main event and I’ve heard that the panel doctors are generally very good because if people complain about them then they may looses their lucrative source of income.

Rjain

Thanks. Thats a little relief - since I had my family doc sign some medical records for my university. I can get the copies, I think..

Rjain2 said:
Hi Dilbert,

I checked with a doctor in Delhi with whom I’ve just scheduled my appointment and she said that it would help if we bring any documentation e.g. US university medical records, or any vaccination list that shows the inoculations received. I’d filled an inoculation list (with my parents help) for the grad school when enrolling and am planning to take this with me. The main issues are of getting unnecessary injections, the associated costs and the off chance of getting minor fever. Medically, I don’t think there’s any issue of being vaccinated twice for the same disease. The main test is for HIV and TB. She said that 99% of her cases are clear-cut and she produces the report in 1-2 business days.

Cheers – this is the last hurdle before the main event and I’ve heard that the panel doctors are generally very good because if people complain about them then they may looses their lucrative source of income.

Rjain

Dilbert:
I too dont have a clear answer for your question.But what you can do is just make the appointment early with the doctor in chennai and talk to him/her in the phone.They will tell you everything clearly....

I am sorry if i am still confusing you....

BJ77
dilbert30 said:
I've already taken MMR when I was young. Just because there is no documentation, would it serve as a valid reason to get another shot? Can the local county just give the shot? I am not sure of the health implications etc etc. I will keep your point in mind.

Dilbert

Dilbert,

Called another friend of mine who had the interview in May 2003, he had to take one or two injections as vaccinations from Dr. Vijayalakshmi's clinic since he did not have proofs. He says he had no after effects what so ever. He was told that he had to take them just because he did not carry proofs.
So I guess different people have different stories to tell.
-abaliga

abaliga and BJ,

What I gather is - carry if you have something. Else, just take a chance and see what happens.. Thanks for all the information

Dilbert

Chennai acknowledges the receipt

Chennai acknowledged the receipt of my case and replied that the interview would likely be in August/September.

Have updated the <cptracker.com>. Also adding this update both into July/August & September/October threads. But wish it were in August ;)

Rashmi Rao

P4 to Indian Address

I have been reading that P4 is by default sent to your US address and a copy to your lawyer. Also reading certain folks received another copy at their Indian address. At what point should one request the consulate to do so. After the interview dates or known? or before? Pachaiattai or some one could you please reply.

Thanks,
Rashmi

Hi Rashmi,
How you came to know about Chennai consulate acknowledgement of you case, Did you call them or email them? or is it updated in NVS Phone system?

Your info will be lot of help.

Thanks
PhiliMay

How you came to know about Chennai consulate acknowledgement of you case, Did you call them or email them? or is it updated in NVS Phone system?

Rashmi>>
Just send an email to <chennaiIV@state.gov > asking if your case has made it to the consulate. Assuming you're with Chennai consulate.

Put your NVC case number as the subject and in the email body mention when your case was forwarded to the consulate.

Hope this helps.

Received PCC from NY consulate

Friends,

Received the PCC from the Indian consulate at NY. Applied on 29th April, called them up last week and was asked to send the passports. Mailed the Passports on 9th July. Received on 16th July.

Basically the PCC is like this. This is on the Indian consulate's lette head:

"This is to certify that there is no adverse information in respect of xxxxxxxxx S/o xxxxxxx, holder of Indian Passport No. xxxxxxx issued at xxxxxxx on xxxxx, which would render him/her ineligible for the grant of travel facilities including visa for USA"

Also one of the pages in the Passport was stamped with the following information:

"PCC issued for USA Ref xxxxxxxxxxxx Date :xxxx"

Both of them were signed by the ssistant Consular Officer.

Ex CP'ers and other folks who got their PCC can you please confirm that this is what you also got for PCC?

Thanks,
DA

Hi J,
I have received my PCC from SFO and it is nothing different than what you got from NY.

I have read in this forum about the same concern and found it is nothing different, hope they have a standard format at the consulates.

Anyways the important thing is they mentioned your name, passport number and the origin of passport and the most important is the STAMP.

You are all set with PCC. Don't worry.

Just curious....how do you pronounce your name ? Is it a male name or female name ? You don't have to answer if don't want to.

Thanks

Rashmi,
I did not request the Consulate to send P4 to my Indian residence. They did it by default. I was surprised to hear from my mom that she received P4.

Rajesh