Likely Chennai CP Interview in July/August 2004

Thanx a lot

Dear Jalabalajings,

Wow! You have compiled a great list and if is huge help to me.

1) In my case(probably in most cases), the birth & marriage certificate reflects or name with initials and not with full first name, last name. Should we get an affidavit for this too?
2) How can a relative pick up an appointment letter for us?
3) I haven't got my P4, I just find out about my appt. from the Chennai Consulate website. Could you still go for an interview even if you don't get your p4?
4) Do you have a list of doctors to whom we could go for a medical?
5) I could only get tickets to leave on 26th and get there early Monday morning. So if everything goes thru OK, I'll get at Lister on Monday morning too!
6) Do I need to get a Vacination List? If not how do they find out in India, what kind of vacinations that I would need?

Thank you in advance for your replies.

Ashram

Ashram

{My replies below}

ashram said:
Dear Jalabalajings,

Wow! You have compiled a great list and if is huge help to me.

1) In my case(probably in most cases), the birth & marriage certificate reflects or name with initials and not with full first name, last name. Should we get an affidavit for this too?

{Even in my case I do not have the last name on my marriage certificate or in my birth certificate. I believe the officials in the consulate knows about the formats that we have for Birth and Marriage certificates. So, this shouldn't be a problem. There is also no harm in getting affidavits for birth and marriage certificates to reflect your full name. Better check with the seniors of this forum too}

2) How can a relative pick up an appointment letter for us?
{Send a relative of yours to the Consulate with you your complete case details by giving them the Case number that NVC created for you and your full name. Ask them to tell the people in the consulate that you have an interview on July 2nd and that you haven't received your P4 yet. They would then give your relative a copy of your appointment letter}

3) I haven't got my P4, I just find out about my appt. from the Chennai Consulate website. Could you still go for an interview even if you don't get your p4?
{P4 consists of your DS230 Part II, Medical and Immigration Photo instructions, Try downloading these forms from www.immihelp.com. I don't think you can go to an interview without having these forms completed. They would ask you to come back with proper documentation and will keep your file on hold}

4) Do you have a list of doctors to whom we could go for a medical?
{Following is a list of the Consulate's approved panel physicians:

Dr. Mathai Thomas, Best Hospital Pvt. Ltd., 9 Vellala Street, Kodambakkam, Chennai 600 024

Tel: 24832777, 24832781 Cell: 98400-72444, 98400-32526
Hours: 4:30 pm to 7:30 pm, Mon - Sat

Dr. V. Rajkumar, 1 Club Road, Behind T.B. Hospital, Chetpet, Chennai 600 031

Tel: 28361582
Cell: 98410-36241
Hours: 8 am to noon, Mon - Sat

Dr. Sanjan John, 9 Dr. T.V. Naidu Road, (Off. Spurtank Road), Chetpet, Chennai 600 031

Tel: 28361519, 28360808 Cell: 98410-86804
Hours: 3:30 pm to 6:00 pm, Mon - Sat

Dr. N. Vijayalaksmi, Padma Nursing Home, 753 Poonamalle High Road, Kilpauk, Chennai 600 010

Tel: 26413445, 26413446 Cell: 98404-12063
Hours: 10 am to 6 pm, Mon - Sat }

5) I could only get tickets to leave on 26th and get there early Monday morning. So if everything goes thru OK, I'll get at Lister on Monday morning too!
{You can even do your medicals on the 29th, the tuesday. Fix up an appointment with one of the panel doctors}

6) Do I need to get a Vacination List? If not how do they find out in India, what kind of vacinations that I would need?
{You should documentary evidence to prove that you have been administered the vaccines required for the IV. If you are not able to prove then the doctor will administer you with vaccines required for the IV interview}

Thank you in advance for your replies.

Ashram

Hope this information helps.
Thanks,
DA

Thanks

Thanx a lot Jalabalajings,

Just one last one.
1) What is considered documentary proof that we have had vaccinations?
2) What are the list of vacinations that we need to have?
3) What if the Physician in India cannot give us all the vaccines in one go? Say you cannot combine two of the vaccines at the same time for medical reasons etc.,

You have mentioned that you did your medical test in the US and they gave you a vaccination letter. Did you end up getting any shots? How do they find out here if you have had vaccinations?

Thanks in advance.

One more question on medicals...

Hi,

I have the same questions as ashram and one more...

Can a doctor in India issue a statement that all vaccinations are taken? If so, should it be the same doctor who gave the vaccines or can any doctor give it?

I dont even know who gave me what vaccine when I was young. But surprisingly, my parents remember the date (month and year). I remember that my then family doctor in India filled my medical forms that I submitted to the university where i did my masters. In that, he had mentioned the dates, name of vaccine, etc etc and signed it.

Most importantly, what are the vaccines we should have taken? I believe i have taken everything including Hep B.

Also, how does the doctor in India find out what vaccines we've had and what we should be taking?

Thanks a lot,
Dilbert

Downloading P4

Hi,

Could someone tell me if P4 is something that we can download from the Chennai consulate website or is there somewhere else?

Thanks,
Dilbert

BJ77 said:
Thank you very much....I think you are talking about mubal?Am i right...?

You are right. Its Mubal. He and his wife has interview scheduled for 6/17/04.
I was most positive that mine would be in July. My p3 was entered on 5/10/04 at chennai. I guess, it will be August then.

Thanks.

Going CP:
Myself and mubal live in the same apt and we came to know through this forum.Yeah !!!!if it is August you still have time....

BJ77
Going_CP said:
You are right. Its Mubal. He and his wife has interview scheduled for 6/17/04.
I was most positive that mine would be in July. My p3 was entered on 5/10/04 at chennai. I guess, it will be August then.

Thanks.

16). IRS 9003 Additional questions for the applicant for permanent residence. This is an IRS form and not INS. Each applicant including dependents should fill this form. You have to write you SSN (or ITIN) and four questions regarding income tax. No signature is required on this form. It is a part of Packet 4. (I got this from immihelp.com)

Hi ,

Do we need to fill the IRS 9003 form and send to Washington DC for clearance or just fill the form and carry with us for CP interview.which one is correct.

VJ

I refer to few of the posts above and need to point out as follows:

1. Form I-864 Affidavit of support is NOT relevant to MOST of the
Employment category Immigrant visas. This is the form that is submitted
by Family Sponsored candidates.

(It applies to Employement category ONLY IF you are related to any
person who holds >= 5% share in the sponsoring company )

2. Form 9003 (also called as Sailing Permit) is no longer required, and
this has been the case for more than a year now.

Raju

Raju595
by Family Sponsored candidates

{Do we have to fill the Form I-134 Affidavit of Support for the dependents. I found this info in 'immihelp.com'
Notarize it in US. Sign it in front of Notary. Notarized in India NOT accepted}

dilbert30

Most importantly, what are the vaccines we should have taken? I believe i have taken everything including Hep B.

{You should have vaccinations for:

Mumps
Measles
Rubella
Polio
Tetanus
Diphtheria toxoids
Pertussis
Influenza type B
Hepatitis B

If you are unable to submit all your vaccination records at the time of the exam, or if you have never had certain vaccines, the Civil Surgeon or Panel Physician can administer them to you.
Important: Do not try to fulfill your vaccination requirements before you meet with the Panel Physician or Civil Surgeon, in case it is not medically appropriate for you to have one or more of the required vaccines. }Info from chennai consulate website & uscis.gov/graphics/Medical_Exam.htm

DPP said:
Raju595

{Do we have to fill the Form I-134 Affidavit of Support for the dependents. I found this info in 'immihelp.com'

yes.u have to fill I-134 affidavit of Support for ur family members like spouse and children each and notarize that
VJ

DPP said:
Raju595

Yes. For employment categories the candidates need to prepare I-134
Affidavits of Support (one for each dependent) , get it notarized in US and
carry it to the interview.

Raju

Dilbert30:
Generally your local county health clinic gives most of these vaccinations for free....So what you can do is ....atleast for MMR you can get a immunisation shot here and they give you an immunisation record....bcos that is a serious shot which is required and it has side effects for some people like they may get fever for couple of days...Still it is case dependant.....what i am saying is if at all you get fever now ....you will be free and healthy when you attend the interview.

BJ77
dilbert30 said:
Hi,

I have the same questions as ashram and one more...

Can a doctor in India issue a statement that all vaccinations are taken? If so, should it be the same doctor who gave the vaccines or can any doctor give it?

I dont even know who gave me what vaccine when I was young. But surprisingly, my parents remember the date (month and year). I remember that my then family doctor in India filled my medical forms that I submitted to the university where i did my masters. In that, he had mentioned the dates, name of vaccine, etc etc and signed it.

Also, how does the doctor in India find out what vaccines we've had and what we should be taking?

Thanks a lot,
Dilbert

Hi DPP,

Thanks for the info. What is an accepatable documentation? Can a doctor in India issue a letter or should it be the documentation that was given (if at all anything was given) at the time of administering the vaccine?

Thanks,
Dilbert

DPP said:
dilbert30

{You should have vaccinations for:

Mumps
Measles
Rubella
Polio
Tetanus
Diphtheria toxoids
Pertussis
Influenza type B
Hepatitis B

If you are unable to submit all your vaccination records at the time of the exam, or if you have never had certain vaccines, the Civil Surgeon or Panel Physician can administer them to you.
Important: Do not try to fulfill your vaccination requirements before you meet with the Panel Physician or Civil Surgeon, in case it is not medically appropriate for you to have one or more of the required vaccines. }Info from chennai consulate website & uscis.gov/graphics/Medical_Exam.htm

I've already taken MMR when I was young. Just because there is no documentation, would it serve as a valid reason to get another shot? Can the local county just give the shot? I am not sure of the health implications etc etc. I will keep your point in mind.

Dilbert

BJ77 said:
Dilbert30:
Generally your local county health clinic gives most of these vaccinations for free....So what you can do is ....atleast for MMR you can get a immunisation shot here and they give you an immunisation record....bcos that is a serious shot which is required and it has side effects for some people like they may get fever for couple of days...Still it is case dependant.....what i am saying is if at all you get fever now ....you will be free and healthy when you attend the interview.

BJ77

Yes. For employment categories the candidates need to prepare I-134
Affidavits of Support (one for each dependent) , get it notarized in US and
carry it to the interview.

Raju

Hi Raju & Vj2002,

Thank you for the update.

DPP

dilbert30 said:
Hi DPP,

Thanks for the info. What is an accepatable documentation? Can a doctor in India issue a letter or should it be the documentation that was given (if at all anything was given) at the time of administering the vaccine?

Thanks,
Dilbert

Hi Dilbert,

I'm sorry. Idon't know much about it.
DPP