**Likely** August 2003 interview - chennai - Track here

Raju,

The amount for the Blue dart DD is Rs 300 + 50*number of applicants; so in your example, the total for an applicant and a dependant would be Rs400. ;)

Pictures

Guys,

Is it necessary to have pictures when going to Lister Lab and if yes should it be immigration style pictures.

Booker

Photos for Lister lab...

and your doctor's appt can be the regular 'passport' photographs. I am quite sure they will take immistyle photographs if you present them instead.

Re: Raju,

Originally posted by Rajeev Kumar
The amount for the Blue dart DD is Rs 300 + 50*number of applicants; so in your example, the total for an applicant and a dependant would be Rs400. ;)

Thanks for the correction.

The base amount is Rs.300/- + Rs. 50 for every applicant.

Sorry for the mistake.

Raju

jchandra29,

Myne is also same case. I got my appointment letter to US address and when I called them they asked me to dowload Packet 4.

Re: Pictures

Originally posted by Booker
Guys,

Is it necessary to have pictures when going to Lister Lab and if yes should it be immigration style pictures.

Booker

I had my old passport size photos when I went to Dr. V and Lister Lab. They were like 6+ month old but of excellent quality and color. They did not ask any questions. But just in case ...try to take recent photos.

Regarding PCC, I have obtained one from the Indian consulate. I have been staying in the US for past 6 years. Should i need to get another certificate from the local station in India.

Jay.

PCC from Indian embassy...

is your police clearance from India. You don't need additional clearance from local police authorities in India.;)

CP experienced: passport question

has anyone faced any issues at the CP interview regarding photo on the passport? I had my passport made about 10 years back and so the photo on the passport is pretty outdated compared to my photo/appearance today..
thanks,

Re: CP experienced: passport question

Originally posted by zzzz_1976
has anyone faced any issues at the CP interview regarding photo on the passport? I had my passport made about 10 years back and so the photo on the passport is pretty outdated compared to my photo/appearance today..
thanks,

Guess that shouldn't be a problem as long as they are able to relate you with that photograph.

Cheers,
Ganesh.

Transit Visa?

I have a few questions on the transit visa and also regarding expired I - 94s

1. Mine as well as as my wife's I-94 expired in May 2003. Just a few days back my new H1-B extension got approved. Do I have to have my wife's i-94 extended? If so how. File for h4 extensition? If so how?

2. We are planning to go to India in late october. Do we have to have a transit visa in Frankfurt to change planes? If so how to apply for one of those.

3. I have my parents here in the US. They are going to travel with us. When they came here, they did not have a transit visa for Germany. Do they have to have one too?

thanks

Re: Transit Visa?

If you are a permanent resident of CANADA, you don't need a Transit visa for Frankfurt, even after the US visa expired.

Re: Re: Transit Visa?

Originally posted by imihelp
If you are a permanent resident of CANADA, you don't need a Transit visa for Frankfurt, even after the US visa expired.

Hello,

When u say "visa expired", are u mentioning about H1-B visa expiration after 6yrs? I received my H1-B 3 yr renewal recently and i do not have multiple entry stamped on my passport ( I have all the renewal papers). Do I have to get a transit visa to go thru Frankfurt? Please advise.

Booker

Re: Re: Re: Transit Visa?

Originally posted by Booker
Hello,

When u say "visa expired", are u mentioning about H1-B visa expiration after 6yrs? I received my H1-B 3 yr renewal recently and i do not have multiple entry stamped on my passport ( I have all the renewal papers). Do I have to get a transit visa to go thru Frankfurt? Please advise.

Booker

As far as I understand, you ought to have an un-expired VISA stamp-Not the renewal documents.
If I were you I wouldnt try to get a VISA just for the sake of an airline. There are plenty of choices out there. Again, this is just me. ;)

Birth Certificate Qn

BIRTH CERTIFICATE

Hello Folks, I have a qn. I have my birth certificate issued from govt authorities in India. But I registered officially last year based on previous docs that I had. So in the birth certificate it shows “ Birth Date: xx-xx-197x and date registered is xx-xx-2002”. I heard that (not from a reliable source) Consular officer might make it as in issue, because I registered recently only. If anybody has registered his or her birth recently and certificates issued in this way? DO I have to carry affidavit from my parents. ? Experienced CP’ers, please comment. Thanks.

Re: Birth Certificate Qn

Originally posted by msns
BIRTH CERTIFICATE

Hello Folks, I have a qn. I have my birth certificate issued from govt authorities in India. But I registered officially last year based on previous docs that I had. So in the birth certificate it shows “ Birth Date: xx-xx-197x and date registered is xx-xx-2002”. I heard that (not from a reliable source) Consular officer might make it as in issue, because I registered recently only. If anybody has registered his or her birth recently and certificates issued in this way? DO I have to carry affidavit from my parents. ? Experienced CP’ers, please comment. Thanks.

I had my birth registered only in 1999. There was no issue regarding that during my interview. There are lot of Indians working at the US Embassy. They know that problems in India and they do understand. In my opinion, this is a non-issue.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Ganesh.

Re: Re: Birth Certificate Qn

Originally posted by bvganesh
I had my birth registered only in 1999. There was no issue regarding that during my interview. There are lot of Indians working at the US Embassy. They know that problems in India and they do understand. In my opinion, this is a non-issue.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Ganesh.

Same with me too. This is common!

Just an Update...............

I am leaving to India on 21st August to attend my interview on 28th. I will post my experience as soon as I can.

Good Luck to all the August CPers !!!!!

Lux