license& EAD

alathm

Registered Users (C)
I am changing jobs, waiting texas license . I have EAD (I-140 approved -NIW self petitioned)which I am going to use for my new job. Is there any problem if you don't work (while waiting for the license )? I am trying to do some loccum jobs & want to take a long waited vacation .

well if u r going through 5 years MUA NIW then u might get into problem as u have 2 show that u have finished 5 years otherewise should be ok I guess

No, I was always on H1 . I got my NIW through research & papers.My 485 has been filed more than ayear ago. I have worked in the same hospital for more than 6 years( I am on my 7th year extension)

Pending I-485

Hi Alathm

If my understanding is correct, As long as your I-485 is pending, your stay is legal. And you need not have to have a job to get EAD. As long as you could convince them you are eligible for the job you are OK.
As your I-140 is self petitioned, I wonder why it takes so long for you to get I-485 approved (as yours is NOT employer based petition)? I think,You should write to BCIS