Let's Send A Letter To Oprah

smartyamleht

I was thinking that if we all wrote a letter to Oprah maybe we can get some more attention and support for the dream act. Oprah is a very powerful woman and her show is watched by millions of americans with kind and understanding hearts. If there's someone who would understand our struggle and frustration I think it would be her. I am planning on sending her an email, but if we all did maybe we could get immediate attention, one voice can be heard but more than one can't hurt! I feel a sense of duty to do anything in my power to help the DREAM ACT pass, maybe writing to Oprah is a long shot, but is a shot right? We have all already defied the odds by being immigrant kids who have made it throught high school and going to college, all we need is a little bit of luck, the strong spirit we already have!

Hello,

Hello, :)

I am Laura, and I think that is a great idea. ;) Are you sending the e-mail soon? Should we all explain our situation and then have all the stories together in a letter for her? Or should we e-mail her seperately? :confused:

Thanks!!!
:)

Good Idea! very good idea!

I'm new to this forum... I'm like all of you; Born in Mexico City, parents brought me here when I was 5 and now I’m stuck in the ridiculous situation. I think its irresponsible for the US government to make all of us feel this way! I'm constantly paranoid, I feel like I don't belong neither here or there, I feel like a reject and unwelcome. Anyways... about this idea about getting Oprah in touch with our issue, I think its an awesome idea. I think we should all send a personal email, letter, and possible phone call to her. One person sending an email will get the point across but if we all send messages she can see how many of us suffer from this. Since we're all in this together, we should make an unofficial group/organization and have a name (example, operation : freedom to learn, I don't know) and address our affiliation to this group in this email (letter, or call). Also, we should give our story, address this problem, address this solution (Dream Act) and try to show that there is many, many, many of us in the whole country suffering. What do you all thing?

hey

I think that emailing or writing to her separately is a great idea, I think hundreds of letters are a lot harder to ignore than one! I am going to post this idea in the www.cosaonline.org, to see if more people are interested in writing an email, numbers are powerful, so the more people who write, the more attention it will get. I think we need to get america involved in our struggle, and make it harder for representatives in congress to kill the bill, let them attach real people to the bill, how this one piece of legislation could change so many lives!

Let´s start writing letters to Ophra!!!

Hey guys, :)

So, whoever wants to write to Ophra just copy and paste the website below, write the letter, and send it!

Here is the website, so we can write letters to her.

http://www2.oprah.com/email/reach/email_reach_fromu.jhtml

We all should work hard for this GREAT cause!! :)
I will start writing the letter for her very soon, probably in a few days.

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!!!! :)

We Can't Give Up

Well, even if people have already written to Oprah and haven't gotten a response, we can not give up!!! We need to send a lot more than a couple of letters to be heard, let's make it really hard for them to ignore us! I've already sent my first letter, and I will continue to send as many letters as necessary.

I agree with the top comment. Let's keep sending those letters. Let's not be lazy or think that it might not work because if it's worked for other people in different situations, it can work for us.

Afterall, this is everyones future.

lets all get together.

Hey, I checked out the cosa website to see if there are any upcoming rallys/gatherings to promote or talk about the dream act, but there arent any listed for this year. I think it would be great for all of us to organize something for all of us to meet. It's such a comforting feeling to read about others who share your same struggle, but it would be such an empowering experience if we were to all meet. What do you think?

i sent a letter to Oprah today telling her my story and asking for her to support the DREAM Act. i sent the letter to:

Harpo Productions
1058 West Washington Blvd
Chicago, IL 60607-2103

and I said that it was on behalf of Coalition of Student Advocates (CoSA)

where is the logic in passing an act that gives illegals access to our nation's universities? While it may sound sad and all that some are graduating high school (shouldn't have been in those in the first place either if you're an illegal) and can't go to college, the fact of the matter is the US is a country of laws, and these laws have to be enforced. Illegal immigration costs the US hundreds of billions per year according to some estimates, and it needs to be stopped.

We all understand that the U.S is a nation of laws. We were raised here with American ideals. Not all the laws that the U.S has had in the past were just. "Seperate, but equal." Huge mistake. Women not having the right to vote... Anyways, it isn't that we're asking the American public to take pity on us we are asking to be allowed to work for our education. We are not lawbreakers. We were children when we arrived in the U.S and this is our home. We are staying because we have earned that right by being good "citizens" in our communities

I've thought about this sooo long ago!

I have noticed that she has not addressed the issue of Illegal Immigration in the United States. I really don't know why, I've thought about writing her a long time ago but I hesitated because maybe she believes in other causes, which is why she hasn't touched this subject even though she has had her talk show for over 15 years. I still think it's a great idea because we can't lose anything by trying. If her production staff receives enough letters about this, they may start looking into this topic and possibly producing a show regarding this issue. So I say, keep the letters to Oprah coming!

I have noticed that she has not addressed the issue of Illegal Immigration in the United States. I really don't know why
It is my understanding that she is against it and won't say anything about it so she doesn't offend any of her rich friends. She is so rich. I've even heard that if Congress does not fund the Mexican wall that she is prepared to fund the building of it herself.

TheChosenJuan said:
It is my understanding that she is against it and won't say anything about it so she doesn't offend any of her rich friends. She is so rich. I've even heard that if Congress does not fund the Mexican wall that she is prepared to fund the building of it herself.

Okay, if she doesn't want her rich friends to hear about it, then how in the world did you hear about the funding of the Mexican wall? According to your logic, she doesn't want her rich friends to find out but at the same time she is so outspoken about funding the wall that some insignificant person like you was able to hear about it?
:mad: Sorry to say, but I don't believe what you said, I think you're here just to put everyone down. I've seen you're other posts but I'm too smart to fall for it.

TheChosenJuan said:
Smart enough to admit in other posts that you fraudently obtained a drivers license and encourage others to do the same. Yep, pretty smart.

Read my posts again, I did not fraudulently obtain my driver's license. I kept trying different DMVs until I was issued a license. Fraud consists of using fake documents, I submitted my very own documents.
:p

Bella Blues said:
Okay, if she doesn't want her rich friends to hear about it, then how in the world did you hear about the funding of the Mexican wall? According to your logic, she doesn't want her rich friends to find out but at the same time she is so outspoken about funding the wall that some insignificant person like you was able to hear about it?
:mad: Sorry to say, but I don't believe what you said, I think you're here just to put everyone down. I've seen you're other posts but I'm too smart to fall for it.

YES, he is here to put everyone down. :mad: everyone, please ignore him.