Legal status afer GC withdrawl

dharmender

Registered Users (C)
Here is my situation:

I got Green card approved for me 3 weeks back. I have been working till now on H1B visa. This is my 8th year on H1B
and i have H1B extened till June 2008.

My employer had filed total 3 GC applications for me. First GC application was filed in Oct 2001 and labor is not clear yet.
Second GC application was filed in PERM in Jan 2006 and approved in Mar 2006. After that I got substitute labor thru same employer and got GC based on this.

I want to marry a person who is in India and bring here in USA. My questions are:

1.Can I abondon my GC and get back to my EXISTING H1 B status (8th year currently) or i will need new H1B? So that i can bring her here on H4.

2. In case I can get back to my existing H1B after giving up GC, can i get extension for same H1B in future based on 2 other pending GC applications? Till now I have been getting H1B extensions based on my first GC application.

Thank you very much

Here is my situation:

I got Green card approved for me 3 weeks back. I have been working till now on H1B visa. This is my 8th year on H1B
and i have H1B extened till June 2008.

My employer had filed total 3 GC applications for me. First GC application was filed in Oct 2001 and labor is not clear yet.
Second GC application was filed in PERM in Jan 2006 and approved in Mar 2006. After that I got substitute labor thru same employer and got GC based on this.

I want to marry a person who is in India and bring here in USA. My questions are:

1.Can I abondon my GC and get back to my EXISTING H1 B status (8th year currently) or i will need new H1B? So that i can bring her here on H4.

2. In case I can get back to my existing H1B after giving up GC, can i get extension for same H1B in future based on 2 other pending GC applications? Till now I have been getting H1B extensions based on my first GC application.

Thank you very much

I think you might be addressing ur questions to the wrong forum. So they might not get enough attention here.

didn't you just recently ask this question? and didn't people tell you it'd be crazy to give up a GC?

The situation original poster is in is whether to wait 5-6 years for a visa to be available for his/her spouse if s/he applies on basis of a GC compared to waiting a few days if s/he applies on H1-B. I can see why s/he would want to go back to H1-B to get their spouse here quicker -- 5-6 years is a lot of time to wait.

Last edited by a moderator: