Left out occupation on application for passport

sassythea

Registered Users (C)
Hi all i recently applied for my passport at local post office.I was recently laif off so i ask the clerk at P.O what to put under occupation and she told me to leave it out since im unemployed..Will DOS return my application because i did not put 'unemployed'?.Should i call the customer service number and telll them i left it out?..Any info on this will b appreciated

Hi all i recently applied for my passport at local post office.I was recently laif off so i ask the clerk at P.O what to put under occupation and she told me to leave it out since im unemployed..Will DOS return my application because i did not put 'unemployed'?.Should i call the customer service number and telll them i left it out?..Any info on this will b appreciated
Many who are not working get US citizenship and US passport.
Employment is not required for naturalization or US passport.

You are a citizen now.....Okay!

what to put under occupation and she told me to leave it out since im unemployed.

I think it is an informational thing for USCIS. Just a another tiny thing to help against fake passports. I would have put in the same occupation you used for the N-400, just for consistency.

I am sure it is not important for the application.

Well it has been more than 2weeks now since i applied for my passport .I guess there was no problem with the occupation being left out because they did not return the application...I have began looking out for mailman to deliver my passport now...smilin

Well it has been more than 2weeks now since i applied for my passport .I guess there was no problem with the occupation being left out because they did not return the application...I have began looking out for mailman to deliver my passport now...smilin

Hi Sassy,

Not long now I suspect. Mine took 24 days.

Yeahhh.I am in awwh..Time frame was perfect..I did the normal processing since i had no trips planned [Now im plannig..lol]..Applied on 9th October,day after i got citizenship..I listened to the postal clerk when she said since it is off peak time it will come back in three weeks time.And the postal clerk was right.Three weeks one day to be exact.Yesterday [10/30/09] i did receive email saying that my passport was finished processing and out for delivery..Check USPS status this morning and it was out for delivery.Rush to mail box and there it was..WOOOH...So my advice to folks who dont have trips planned please dont waste that extra cash on expedited service in OFF PEAK season.Thanks folks for you help..

PS.
For those folks in New Jersey who want to keep track of their passport...
Applied for PP 9TH October
Status changed 10/30/09
Received PP & NAT CERT 10/31/09 [came from PORTSMOUTH,NH]

sassythea
View Public Profile
Send a private message to sassythea
Find all posts by sassythea
Add sassythea to Your Contacts