Leaving before the visa

austinere

Hello,

My visa was just approved by the US immigration. The notification says that the petition date starts June 1st, does it mean that I won't be able to go in the country before June 1st :confused: My apointment to the embassy is in a couple days but I def need to plan everything out as soon as possible.

Thanks for you help.

How is your visa "approved" if you have not appeared at the embassy? Your petition could be approved and yet your visa stamping be denied. Stamping can also be delayed for security checks or additional supporting documentation. Until you actually have your visa interview with the consular officer and know if the visa is actually issued, it is premature to make any unchangeable plans.

Different types of visas have different rules for entry. Work or study visas typically permit entry before the start of the program in order for the person to become settled. You need to understand all of the requirements for the various visa types. Look at the USCIS website for your specific visa category for the best information. If you are sponsored by or are entering to go to an organization, company or institution, they should have an office to assist you with details.

Thank you for your answer.

Also I was wondering what documents should I bring ? I saw many things on the internet on the uscis website, but the documents are not the same on the embassy website...
does someone knows what should I bring for a 0-1 visa interview ?

Thank you