LC Substitution and AC21

waitforAOS

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

My lawyer applied LC for me and got it approved. But when he applied my I140, he used LC of an another person as it had better priority date. My I140 was approved based on LC substitution.

Now, I'm moving to another firm using AC21 (my I485 has been pending for more than 19 months).

Job title and OCC code are same in both LCs.

1. In AC21 letter, should I use my own LC's job description or the substituted LC's job description?

2. When I asked my previous company's lawyer to provide me with LC and I140 copy, he provided my own LC and I140 copies. So, I do not have the other's person's LC which was substitued for me. If I had to use the job description of the other person, how do I get copy of that LC? My previous company's lawyer may not provide that as it will have other person's personal information.

I'll appreciate your feedback on this.

Regards,
waitforAOS
--

I dont have answers to your questions.
But can you tell us, what your ND/RD is and why you are doing AC21 letter? Did you get an RFE?

RD: 02/05/2002
ND: 02/06/2002
WAC: WAC02-105-xxxxx

I'm moving to a new employer, but in the same area. I'm gathering information so that I'll have all the required docs when I get a RFE.

I did not go through labor and used substitution of labor to file I-140. I have used AC 21 and even moved to a different service area. I have not informed the INS yet - new company's lawyer want to inform, but my present lawyer (I retained) does not want to inform.
Please do not use this a slegal advice, but I think the job responsibilities outlined in labor that was used as the basis to get I-140 approval is what that matters. (I had to give copies of LC that was used for I-140 approval to the new company.)

Hi lsamp,

Thanks for your reply. I have a question. Did you get a separate LC approval notice or a stamp on LC application for LC copy? Did your lawyer not have a problem in giving a copy of LC approval of another person which was substituted for you?

Regards,
waitforAOS

Originally posted by waitforAOS
Hi lsamp,

Thanks for your reply. I have a question. Did you get a separate LC approval notice or a stamp on LC application for LC copy? Did your lawyer not have a problem in giving a copy of LC approval of another person which was substituted for you?

Regards,
waitforAOS

I did not get a copy of labor - transferred from one lawyer to another. I did not get any LC approval - they just attached the existing labor to I-140 app (I think it is ETA 750)