lay off after 180, help!!

ci_waiting

Registered Users (C)
Filed 485 Mar. 02. Got EAD and AP. FP done in May. Will be laid off soon. Worked for a big company. Don't think there is a chance to ask for delay paycheck. Shocked and scared. Does the company will inform ins about my lay off, which means I will get a RFE? Of course will try my best to find a job. But who knows how long it will take? If I were asked for employment letter and paycheck stubs, I don't have, the resule is deny, right? Called one lawyer told me to keep the docm of my job hunting, does that help? Can somebody also recommend a good lawyer, just in case. Any experience and suggestion are high appreciated!!!
Thanks a lot.
Desperated ci_waiting

don't worry

first of all, you need to understand that landing a job is the first priority.
your case will not be opened until next year. only at that time, you may receive a RFE.

If at the end of the process you have a job at hand, then your case will not be rejected.

so take it easy...get a job ASAP
if you need a lawyer, please tell people which state you live in.

cheers

ci_waiting:

Take it easy. There are several people in a similar position as you. Your company might cancel your H-1 but since you have an EAD you can work for any employer in the US. Start your job search as soon as possible. Best of Luck with that. Based on the current processing progress, it appears that Mar 02 (your RD) will be processed sometime in Jan/Feb 03. Try and get a job before that. Since it's more than 180 days since you filed your 485 you are covered by AC-21. An RFE is not a certain thing, you may or may not get an RFE. So relax and start your job search immediately. I have consulted with the offices of Sheela Murthy in the past and they seemed quite competent. Take care.

to X30

Thank you very mcuh. I am in PA. I was wondering if I got a job by then. But there is a gap between two companies paychecks, is it a big problem? what is the main purpose for RFE employmnt? to see if someone is still employed?

Re: to X30

as you said, RFE is a way to make sure you have a job at hand at the end of 485 process.
normally you will be asked for 2-3 recent paystubs.
even there is a gap, I don't think it is a big deal.. but the key thing here is to get a job asap...

i am sorry i don't know any lawyer in PA. maybe other folks can help you with that.

good luck...

Originally posted by ci_waiting
Thank you very mcuh. I am in PA. I was wondering if I got a job by then. But there is a gap between two companies paychecks, is it a big problem? what is the main purpose for RFE employmnt? to see if someone is still employed?

Area of Expertise

Also post UR Area of expertize...
Never know, Somebody on the forum might be able to help??