Latest update from Texas 3/28

TSC Hopeful

Registered Users (C)
http://www.immigration.com/newsletter1/tsup032803.html

Latest update suggests that all applications are being processed. Where are the evidence????????

Excerts:

Reports that IOs at the TSC are telling them that a “hold” has been put on I-129s until other priority cases are handled. Is this true? Is this hold a result of TPS processing?

TSC continues to process all applications, however, resources and staffing have been reallocated to meet the March 2003 deadline for TPS applications. This has resulted in a slowdown in processing across other product lines

Please provide an update regarding the fingerprint scheduling problem with the automatic scheduler. Is there a set I-485 filing date for when attorneys can request fingerprint scheduling?

Fingerprint scheduling of the 2001 I-485 applications has still not been completed; an estimated 5000 cases still need fingerprinting.

Last edited by a moderator:
I reasonably expect there will be some AOS approvals in April since the prioritized 129 deadlines were end of March.

hope something will happen in april....

One of my friend's friend 485 got approved last week. I dont know much of the details...

one TSC case approved and one strange status msg

One of my aquaintances has also been approved from TSC, he filed long after we did, I think in Dec 2001. The approval came 2 weeks back. So, there you go, TSC is approving some people!!
Also guys, Do you know what the following message means,

"On March 4, 2003, the document we made based on the approval or registration of this case was mailed directly to the person to whom issued."

Myself and my husband got fPed last Monday and the very next day his status was updated whereas my online case status shows this message. he however had his electronically whereas mine was manual (FPs ,I mean).

Hi gmbasutkar,

The message means FP notice hasbeen sent to you.

If FP done electronicallly, FBI will receive it on the same day. If it is done manually, it will take about one week or more before FBI receives it. It is dependent on the postal service and how qick FBI processes it after receipt.

I did mine manually on 12/14/01 and FBI processed it on 12/24/01

As for your aquaintance who received approval, do you know when he did his FP?

Thanks

How to tell FP is electronically or manually?
Does one have a choice in terms which one to use?

dfkj45,

> How to tell FP is electronically or manually? Does one have a choice in terms which one to use?

It's an unofficial term coined by us to differentiate between FP scheduled by ("the random FP generator") TSC's Automatic Scheduler (i.e. electronic) and by calling IIO & requesting FP (i.e. manual).

dfkj45 and Bajis,

Correct me if I am wrong. But I think dfkj45 is asking how to differentiate between when FP is manually performed or when it is electronically performed.

Electronic:
When your FP is collected via a scanner and electronically sent to FBI

Manual:
When FP is printed on FP card. Black ink is being used.

Most ASCs use both methods. They don't usually give you an option. As FP done electronically reaches FBI on the same day, that's probably a preferred option.

TSC Hopeful,

Yes you're right. I see people refering to the manual FP (as explained by you) as "paper-based"! Hence the confusion.