Last Update Dates. How often these change?

Flyer729

Registered Users (C)
I am a little confused. I've been tracking my online portafolio everyday since last friday (03/24/06). This is what has been happening.

Friday
03/24/06

I-485, LUD 10/20/05 (no change)
I-765, LUD 03/14/05 (This is last years EAD, Approved)
I-765, LUD 03/24/06 (previous LUD 02/01/06)

Saturday
03/25/06
I-765, LUD CHANGED 03/24/06 ?? (This is last years EAD, Approved)
I-765, LUD CHANGED 03/25/06

Monday
03/27/06
I-765, LUD 03/24/06 (This is last years EAD, Approved)
I-765, LUD CHANGED 03/27/06

Today
03/28/06
I-485, LUD CHANGED 03/28/06 (?)
I-765, LUD 03/27/06

The status stays the same but dates keep changing daily. Can anyone shed some light? I supposed they are working on my case (I hope).

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
My lud was feb 28 06 fp and bio feb 23 06 its passed 90 days just had my iead yesterday and LUD is still the same. Uscis processing times already passed my processing dates. Officer at the DO could not give me any good information about my case that i dont know off. theyve got my finger prints he dont know why its still pending. Some lazy person i guess.

I am sorry to hear that. I just came from the DO and they told me that everything is still processing. Also, that as soon as the 90 days are over, to come back again and they will give me an iEAD. I did my FP two days after my RD, because I did my EAD application online. When you do it online you can call and scheadule an appointment for your prints without having to wait for them to send you an appointment letter.

Flyer729 said:
I am a little confused. I've been tracking my online portafolio everyday since last friday (03/24/06). This is what has been happening.

Friday
03/24/06

I-765, LUD 03/14/05 (This is last years EAD, Approved)
I-765, LUD 03/24/06 (previous LUD 02/01/06)

Saturday
03/25/06
I-765, LUD CHANGED 03/24/06 ?? (This is last years EAD, Approved)
I-765, LUD CHANGED 03/25/06

Monday
03/27/06
I-765, LUD CHANGED 03/27/06

Today
03/28/06
I-485, LUD CHANGED 03/28/06 (?)
I-765, LUD 03/27/06

The status stays the same but dates keep changing daily. Can anyone shed some light? I supposed they are working on my case (I hope).

Thanks!

Thats pretty normal. You will have a lot of LUDs without the actual case status change. This is because your application goes through various stages of processing and through various departments. Only the most important case update messages are shown and the other ones which are irrelevant to you are not displayed (this is why you see a date change but no message change)

Why no LUD change?

I had AOS interview in February 06 and FP for I-485 April 7 '06. But there is not LUD change (still 09/17/2005). The LUD for I-765 shows 11/01/2005, but I never get FP notice and no EAD card yet. If you see my previous posts, I have never received FP notice in the mail for either I765 or I-485 after eight months! I am very concerned, does that mean they never processed my paper work?

I have read some of your posts. Did you get and Infopass to talk to an officer? You are entitled to an iEAD. They can only tell you if your paperwork has not been process yet.

Flyer729 said:
I have read some of your posts. Did you get and Infopass to talk to an officer? You are entitled to an iEAD. They can only tell you if your paperwork has not been process yet.

I scheduled to meet the officer in Newark NJ through Infopass. They said they are not USCIS so they could not help. I finally called the lawyer's office and she basically said that all my cases were past due and she would open inquiries for me. Anybody in Newark had similar situation?

I-485 Application
Receipt Date: August 23, 2005
Newark CIS Office is currently processing I-485 cases with Receipt Dates of November 12, 2005 - Your I-485 is at least 60 days past due.

I-765 Application
CIS is currently processing I-765 cases with Receipt Dates of February 3, 2006 - Your I-765 case is more than 5 months past due. CIS also has a record of you calling them in January, 2006 to inquire about the status and no inquiry was ever opened, therefore you never received a response. This case has been flagged as a 2nd Inquiry opened and given *top priority*.

I-130 Application
Newark CIS Office is currently processing I-130 cases with Receipt Dates of December 10, 2005 - Your I-130 case is more than 90 days past due.

lily06 said:
I scheduled to meet the officer in Newark NJ through Infopass. They said they are not USCIS so they could not help.

The officer who you meet when you get for your INFOPASS appt is a USCIS employees and is called IIO (Immigration Information Officer). Whoever told you the that they dont work for USCIS is either lying or has no idea what he/she is doing.

IIOs dont have much information regarding your case. They know a little bite more than you do.

But Ari, can't Lily apply and get her iEAD, since it is much more than 90 days from I-765 ND?
If she can, then when she made the InfoPass to meet the officer, shouldn't he have given her the iEAD? Is there some thing that lily should have specifically done/requested/applied on the day of InfoPass to get her iEAD?

Some Newark officers are atrocious (like the one that I got when I had my InfoPass), and it is insane that this officer said they are not USCIS :eek: They are supposed to have helped lily get her iEAD in the least.

I've also responded to your post in the Family GC forum - Newark Tracker.

jenimmi said:
But Ari, can't Lily apply and get her iEAD, since it is much more than 90 days from I-765 ND?
If she can, then when she made the InfoPass to meet the officer, shouldn't he have given her the iEAD? Is there some thing that lily should have specifically done/requested/applied on the day of InfoPass to get her iEAD?

Some Newark officers are atrocious (like the one that I got when I had my InfoPass), and it is insane that this officer said they are not USCIS :eek: They are supposed to have helped lily get her iEAD in the least.

I've also responded to your post in the Family GC forum - Newark Tracker.

Yes, it is absurd. Lily is eligible for her iEAD as long as there was no RFE issued in this case. The only thing to remember when scheduling an INFOPASS appt is to pick the option for Interim EAD, other than that there is nothing else she can do to beat the incompetence she was dealt with. There is one option though... providing customer feedback and lodging a strong complaint. Instructions here... http://www.uscis.gov/graphics/fieldoffices/newark/aboutus.htm#anchor1700968

jenimmi, ari4u, thanks for listening to my frustration and offering ideas. The reason I didn't get the EAD is, i guess, that I haven't done FP yet, which I never received in mail. When I asked about FP and EAD situation, the officer I met through InfoPass only suggested me to call the 1800 number for USCIS. I was so upset when I came out of there. I did call USCIS later as well. Three months has passed but there is still no progress. None of them seem to work, lawyer, 1800-, IIOs, etc. I wonder what else I can turn to. At least I feel better after venting this over the forum.

lily06 said:
jenimmi, ari4u, thanks for listening to my frustration and offering ideas. The reason I didn't get the EAD is, i guess, that I haven't done FP yet, which I never received in mail. When I asked about FP and EAD situation, the officer I met through InfoPass only suggested me to call the 1800 number for USCIS. I was so upset when I came out of there. I did call USCIS later as well. Three months has passed but there is still no progress. None of them seem to work, lawyer, 1800-, IIOs, etc. I wonder what else I can turn to. At least I feel better after venting this over the forum.

For your Interim EAD, they take your FP and pic on spot (dont confuse this with the EAD process) and issue your card right away. You are eligible for iEAD. You should try again. You might get a different officer.

approved!

I just want to share some good news with you. Four days after I submitted additional information responding to FP result, they approved my case! I received this through USCIS Case Status website. I am so relieved!

It appears that the FP (bio-3) takes only one month. I was lucky in that regards. Thanks for everyone here for support! It was a frustrating process but sometimes we do need some patience and stay positive.

Here is the timeline:
DO: Newark,NJ
Got married: Feb 8, 2005
Received Date (I765,I130,I485) : Aug 23, 2005
Advanced Paroll: October 2005
AOS Interview: Feb 10, 2006
FP: (never receitve FP notice in mail, but got the letter from the interview for I-485 FP): April 4, 2006
Approved I-130, I-485: May 5th and 9th

Application Type: I485 , Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status

Current Status:

On May 9, 2006, after approving your application, we ordered you a new card. Your
card will be mailed to you as soon as it is ready.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status results
listed above, or if you have not received a decision or advice from USCIS within the
projected processing time frame*, please contact the National Customer Service
Center.

National Customer Service Center (800) 375-5283.