Last processing action taken Email from USCIS

programmer76

Registered Users (C)
Hi Folks,

I'm EB3 India priority 2003. I went for finger printing few days ago. Today I got email from USCIS.

Is it an approval Or a query? It says last processing action taken.I'm very much tense.What do gurus think?

______________________________________________________________________________________

The last processing action taken on your case

Receipt Number: *************

Application Type: I485 , APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO
ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: Document mailed to applicant.

On July 9, 2007 we mailed the document to the address we have on file. You
should receive the new document within 30 days. If you do not, or if you move
before you get it, call customer service.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status
results listed above, or if you have not received a decision from USCIS within
the current processing time listed*, please contact USCIS Customer Service at
(800) 375-5283.

*Current processing times can be found on the USCIS website at www.uscis.gov
under Case Status and Processing Dates.
*** Please do not respond to this e-mail message.

Sincerely,

The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)
_________________________________________________________________________________________

Hi Folks,

I'm EB3 India priority 2003. I went for finger printing few days ago. Today I got email from USCIS.

Is it an approval Or a query? It says last processing action taken.I'm very much tense.What do gurus think?

______________________________________________________________________________________

ADJUST STATUS

(800) 375-5283.

Sincerely,

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Can you please give case detail? Like the filing date, filing center, FP notice and date and etc....

I read something like that in this forum or trackitt... So, you may want to do search.

I am really surprised that you didn't find info on this message....using search on this website....tons of folks have reported this message....

It usually stands for a missed notice from USCIS. If a notice from USCIS is undeliverable , then it gets returned to USCIS, ...and they look at the AR11 database for updated address and re-send the notice to the new address...then USCIS issues the following message "Document Mailed to applicant"

Most common scenario is - missed FP notice....or address change notice etc...Check with your lawyer if it's a missed FP notice, as he also gets another copy!
It usually never signifies approval since, for approval - one gets series of emails "485 Approval notice sent" or "Card ordered" etc ...For RFE, one gets a "request for additional evidence" email....so, this email never signifies an RFE...

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi

I received finger printing notice at my correct address and went for finger printing last week only. I did address change 6 months ago and i already received the address change confirmation. So I know its not missed finger prints or address change. You are saying that it is not even a RFE. Then what else it can be?

I received finger printing notice at my correct address and went for finger printing last week only. I did address change 6 months ago and i already received the address change confirmation. So I know its not missed finger prints or address change. You are saying that it is not even a RFE. Then what else it can be?

I am just quoting what I read from Trackitt.com; someone said, this is another form of approval notice. (Don't get too excited becaz I just quoted what I read from there).

BTW, can you please share the case detail?

The "Last" here means "Latest action" not the "Final" action.

Hi Folks,

ADJUST STATUS

(800) 375-5283.

Sincerely,

I got the exact message like you yesterday.
Infact this is my second exact message (first one on May 14th,2007) and itseems USCIS got return mail for my FP notice (i moved to present address almost 2 years back..still i donno why it went back and with infopass i came to know the issue.. office printed me a copy of FP notice.. but shows my present address..not sure why it went back). I went to ASC to reschedule my FP and i did it on May 29th..
I called customer service and connected me to texas service center, officer told me that acknoledgement of address change mail was returned back(i did it on May 16th to the same address) and itseems it went back with undeliverable and USCIS mailed again on July 9th.. this is the story from officer..
all my postal mail i can able to receive at my same address address and not sure only USCIS mail is going back.. i suspect its some kind of glitch in USCIS putting the wrong message...
i need to report this to my attorney.. something going on with my case
My case is transfered to TSC on March 3

PD: Feb 2003, EB3 India

Hi Folks,

ADJUST STATUS

(800) 375-5283.

Sincerely,

Same thing with me.. but so far no change in my status or i did not received any letter from USCIS. calling every 30 days to find if they remailed the document. but nothing.... :confused:

eb3_485,
you can find out by calling USCIS customer service. They will connect you to service center officer since you didn't receive document.
officer can tell you what that is..
itseems all of us (around PD's Feb,March 2003 has the same problem :mad: )

Thanks

Same thing with me.. but so far no change in my status or i did not received any letter from USCIS. calling every 30 days to find if they remailed the document. but nothing.... :confused:

got the same message today

LUD on my case with similiar message. dont know what it means.

-----------------------------------------------------

On July 7, 2007 we mailed the document to the address we have on file. You should receive the new document within 30 days. If you do not, or if you move before you get it, call customer service.
-----------------------------------------------------------------

eb3_485,
you can find out by calling USCIS customer service. They will connect you to service center officer since you didn't receive document.
officer can tell you what that is..
itseems all of us (around PD's Feb,March 2003 has the same problem :mad: )

Thanks

I tried 2 times.. each time they say don't know what type of document it is, I took info pass appt and talked to the IO, but response was same.. no details about the document and they say no status change since my case transferred to TSC, after that i had finger prints.. no change in the status or msg , but i saw LUD around June 1st week.. I will try again by calling customer service..

I called TSC using POJ method for undelivered document message on May 15th. IO or (Tier 2 Rep) told me that, it is a missed FP notice. Strange part is I received FP and I gave FP as well.

I called TSC using POJ method for undelivered document message on May 15th. IO or (Tier 2 Rep) told me that, it is a missed FP notice. Strange part is I received FP and I gave FP as well.

Did u received any updates on this?

programmer76 - Did you recieve anything by mail? My spouse's case status shows the same message.

I called again today and connected to Texas service center.
(1 800 375 5283 then 1-2-2-6-1 enter the 485 receipt no. then 1-3-4)
Officer told me that FP notice was sent and found that i did it on Jun 29.
She told me i can ignore the notice.
I asked about my case.. she told me "just pending" and right now there are no visas available until October. i asked why my case is "just pending" since my PD is current in june and so many around 60000 were approved..
she has no clue and told me all other checks were cleared..
Asked about my wife's case since she didn't receive the FP notice.. she told me that notice was sent on july 9th.. and no update of LUD for my wife.
I am planning to do again when i receive my FP notice along with my wife..
don't want to risk

Don't know how to push harder from "just pending" to "Approved" :confused:

last processing action

Hi,

I haven't received anything in the mail yet. I called uscis 1800 number yesterday. They said that a document was mailed to my home address and I should receive it soon. They don't know what is inside the document. I ask them multiple times if it was an RFE Or approval or something else but they don't have any answer.

I did change of address 6 months ago. I just want for finger print last week. I received finger print notice at my new address only. Don't know what can be inside this document. Status for wife remains the same that her case is pending. My status instead of pending says "Document mailed".

It looks like USCIS is sending FP notices again.. thats what it is when you see "Document mailed".. (other thread also has the similar post)
Today officer told me clearly i am getting FP notice along with my wife (but no LUD change in her case) and i done my FP on June 29th..
The last one is code 3..
looks interesting and there are couple of people with the same situation

In fact, in May I received the FP notice. My wife did not, so we called USCIS to check the status. They said that the FP notice was already sent. The customer care rep told that she will re-schedule it. I received GC in June (PD is 12/2002), but spouse still waiting. The FP was never rescheduled. Now my wifes status shows "Document Mailed", but PD is not current. Anyway, I will keep you guys posted if I receive anything.

Happy update!!!

Last processing action taken message is indeed does mean the last processing action in my case. I still haven't received any letter from uscis but I got today I485 approval email for me and my wife!!! I"m so happy and relieved!!!All the best to everyone. Just keep the faith.more approvals are coming continuously even though they say that all visas are over!!

--------------------------------------------
EB3 India 2003 March
Have been going for finger printing almost every year!
Third time finger print in July 2007 beginning
Did infopass as well as service inquries in May & June 2007.
Texas service center
I485 filing date June 2004
-------------------------------------------------------