Last Post before filing N-400

siliconhybrid

Registered Users (C)
I plan to send my application this week. As paranoid as I am, would you take a little time to review my application summary here, I am just too worried to make any mistake:
1) Will send signed N-400 form. I allow 1 week after 5yr-90day eligibility.
2) Will send 2 picture 2x2 inch i.e passport picture size facing forward, not looking to the left. Will pencil Name and A# on the back of each photo.
3) Photocopy of Permanent Resident Card.
4) Personal Check to "Department of Homeland Security" $400 total.

Although not required, I will send:
5) Photocopy of all my previous EAD after graduating from US college.
6) Photocopy of my passports with immigration stamps
7) Photocopy of my SSN card
8) I am debating on this: Online verification of Selective Service record. This is not from SS office, but from the webprintout. Should I include this???

Do the lists look ok ??? Is the fee still $400? Do the photos need to face forward like passport photo (not to the left)? Should I include my marriage certificate (my wife is H1B) ?

THANK YOU...

I plan to send my application this week. As paranoid as I am, would you take a little time to review my application summary here, I am just too worried to make any mistake:
1) Will send signed N-400 form. I allow 1 week after 5yr-90day eligibility.
2) Will send 2 picture 2x2 inch i.e passport picture size facing forward, not looking to the left. Will pencil Name and A# on the back of each photo.
3) Photocopy of Permanent Resident Card.
4) Personal Check to "Department of Homeland Security" $400 total.

Although not required, I will send:
5) Photocopy of all my previous EAD after graduating from US college.
6) Photocopy of my passports with immigration stamps
7) Photocopy of my SSN card
8) I am debating on this: Online verification of Selective Service record. This is not from SS office, but from the webprintout. Should I include this???

Do the lists look ok ??? Is the fee still $400? Do the photos need to face forward like passport photo (not to the left)? Should I include my marriage certificate (my wife is H1B) ?

THANK YOU...

List sounds good. I only did 1-4 and it was ok as far as I know. I suppose including extra documents cannot hurt you.

Fee is still $400 and photos need to face forward like passport (sample was given in "Guide to Naturalization document" from USCIS).

Regarding Selective Service, I called them and got little post-card verifying my registration. I did not send it with my application but I plan to take it with me to the interview.

Hope this helps.

I am not sure if it makes sense to include items 5-8. You can carry them to the interview if needed. It is in your best interest to not confuse an agency like USCIS.

What about the address? I live in San Jose, CA so I need to send the apps to California service center. I search this topic, there seems to be few addresses, which one should I use? I plan to deliver using USPS next day delivery with the green delivery confirmation.

Option 1)
California Service Center
24000 Avila Road, 2nd Floor, Room 2312
Laguna Niguel, CA 92677

Option 2)
U.S. Department of Homeland Security
US Citizenship and Immigration Services
P.O. Box 10400
Laguna Niguel, CA 92607-0400

Option 3)
P.O. Box 10400
Laguna Niguel, CA 92607-1040

1-4 look right, but check against the document checklist in the Guide (I think it is there).

In general, I wouldn't put anything in unless it was called out in the checklist or it is documentation for an explanation of one of your yes/no questions.

For example, my wife checked "yes" on one of those questions. We included a detailed explanation of the circumstances and appropriate documentation. The IO noted the "yes", found the documentation and said something like "oh, right" and continued on to the next part during the interview.

What about the address? I live in San Jose, CA so I need to send the apps to California service center. I search this topic, there seems to be few addresses, which one should I use? I plan to deliver using USPS next day delivery with the green delivery confirmation.

Option 1)
24000 Avila Road, 2nd Floor, Room 2312
Laguna Niguel, CA 92677

Option 2)
P.O. Box 10400
Laguna Niguel, CA 92607-0400

Option 3)
P.O. Box 10400

Get Guide to Natura, M-476 (google "M-476"). It also has document checklist.

P.O. Box 10400