Last Leg - It Is All Or Nothing Now - Comon Everyone.

optimistguy

Registered Users (C)
Guys,

I think we all should thank John Cornyn for a great performance. That was convincing - he did his homework well, obviously. What a pathetic seen was Robert Byrd - he looked like drunk. He was reading out the names of the unions which support his amendment - the govt workers union, american sound engineers union, american music workers union... Gimme a break!!! What a nonsense was that, unbelievable. Democrats are going to sink again because they listen to all these unions.

Anyway, there was no mention of when this will be voted. So, we still got time and work to do. Send emails and faxes again to as many senators as you can. LOOK AT THE OPPORTUNITY HERE, IT IS AN ALL OR NOTHING PROPOSAL RIGHT NOW. IF THIS AMENDMENT IS DEFEATED, THEN WE ARE GOLDEN - WE GET 90K RECAPTURE, COUNT-OUT OF SPOUSES AND KIDS AND ALSO THE OPPORTUNITY TO GET INTERIM BENEFITS. WHAT MORE CAN WE ASK. IT WILL EITHER PASS OR REJECT IN ITS ENTIRITY - THERE IS NO TIME FOR ANY OTHER PROPOSAL NOW.

SO GUYS - WE HAVE TO DO THIS ONCE AGAIN. SEND EMAILS TO ALL SENATORS ASKING THEM TO VOTE AGAINST THE BYRD AMENDMENT. I WILL POST THIS AS A NEW THRED TO GET MORE VISIBILITY. EVERYONE ALSO POST YOUR LETTERS TO SENATORS, SO IT IS EASY FOR OTHERS TO FRAME THE LETTERS. I AM CONFIDENT WE WILL WIN.. LETS GET ROLLING AGAIN..

GOODLUCK GUYS - WE ARE GETTING THERE.

Just called Sen. Santorum (PA R)'s office

The staf I talked to were aware of the bill and Byrd's ammendament. He just asked if I was for or against it. It was very brief and I do not know if it will do anything.

Looks like we really need peolple from blue states to step up with calls.

The staff mentioned about Kennedy's amendament. Anybody is aware of that? Thanks.

Flood Sen Sessions Phone

Guys,

Jeff Sessions (R-AL) is supporting the Byrd amendment. he looked rather unconvincing at the senate today, and said the only reason he is doing this is due to 'lack of information" as to what is good
Lets all give him that information. Call him and tell your stories and why the S.1932 proposals will be of immense help. it will just take a few mins.

Getting atleast ALL reps on our side is the KEY in this issue 'morrow.

Call to Senators

I was just thinking to provide a quick format to make the call to senators easier. I am just putting it after talking to some of my friends , who wonders, what to speak to a senator. Please comment on it.

Here is how it looks like

1. Call capitol Hill exchange - 202-224-3121 then tell them to direct to your Senator's office or other senator's office (where you want to call).
2. Desc in a line or 2 about your situation like "I am currently in H1-B visa & applied for immigration status 4 years back etc, (Please try to make it personalized)".
3. Then let them specifically know that you called to request the senator to vote "NO" on "Byrd's ammendment" on the bill ( Bill No - S1932 )

I tried to call Jhon Cornyn(R-TX), Jeff Sessions(R-Al) & Barbara Boxer(D-CA) office that way. it seems it is quick & easy.

Alabama guys need to call Sen. Sessions

when I called that office, they wanted to find out if I am from that state.

I guess he does not get it much since there are not many guys from his state campaigning against the amendment.

I called but was very brief and I think the staff was not even aware of what is going on.