Landing Process and Necessary Info

Confused..

I am scheduled to land in Canada next week end. And today my US GC got approved ( Wife's is still pending). But we still want to land in Canada and stamp for several reasons (also Canada PR will expire in three weeks if we don't land). What are the issues at Landing process and also entering US on Advanced Parole.

Appreciate the responses/advices.

How long does PR card normally take ?

Hi,
We were toying with the idea of staying in Canada till we get our PR cards and coming back to the US with them in hand, as we dont want to take the chances of incorrect photo or issues with postal svc etc.
How long does it on avg take to get PR card after landing. Since I have enough vacation saved up, we were thinking of living in Toronto for 3 weeks or so get PR card and at the same time get a feel for life in Toronto and Canada.
Thanks

Hi All,

I am planning to land on Sept Long weekend .
My spouse wud be entering US on H1 visa ( already stamped in PP)
and I wud be using AP...in both the cases do we have to surrender I-94s and get the new ones.

Please suggest....

THanks.

Please Suggest

Hello,

We are planning to land in September. Have H1 stamped in passports + AP. Will stay for 3 days in canada.

Which option is better considering smooth landing and returning?

Drive own car ?
Rent car ?
Take a flight ?

Thanks in advance

Photo's for landing..

Guys,

Do we need to take any photos when your landing in Canada? If so , specifications are same as those subimitted with the APPllication??

Thanks.

Please Please Help...

I am planning to land in late sept/early october. Would you be able to answer/confirm following questions to clarify my concerns ?

[1] Documents required .
-Visa papers plus all documents came along with visa papers from CIC
passport
-birth certificates
-marriage certificates
-Anything else ??

[2] 10K us$ - check/money order or what ???
[3] Do I have to take copy of my applications / job certificates or anything other than above 1 and 2 ?
[4] Can you share format of "goods to follow list" ?
[5] Is there any forms which I can download and fill upfront ?
[6] What are the formalities after landing ? SIN card, medical card, bank account ? Can I download any forms and fill upfront ? What is required to these formalities

Folowing Qs To enter back in US

My passport is stamped with valid H1 visa valid till 2005. I140 is in process. Advance parole documents are ready.

I would like to come back to US on H1.
[7] Do I have to surrender my I-94 and will get new I-94 ? Any issue with pending 140/485 ?
[8] What documents I need to reeneter ?

Few of these questions / concerns might have been answered in past but I would like to get answer from person like you who has landed (and would like to help) ? Please please answer.

Awaiting for your answers and thanks in advance.

-happy4you

Landing fee refund

Anyone please reply
I have my landing visa till November 04 but I have decided not to land in Canada as my US GC in under process. Please let me know what is the process to get the landing fee refund.

Thanks

Landing in Vancouver...sponsored from Toronto

Hi all,

My father has sponsored my Mother and Sisiters PR visas.... applied from Toronto. They have got their visas but would like to land in Vancouver first as my sister wants to check out universities there and meet up with some family friends.( she doesnt want to go to Toronto first). If she likes it there she will stay on and my mother will continue to Toronto. Do they need any letter, etc from my dad or they just land and give a temporary Vancouver address for PR cards?

Appreciate all your help!

Regards
Raj

Is it unusual? No picture taken for PR card at the time of landing

my mother and brother arrived as immigrants. they werent asked to take any pictures at the time of landing. they had one picture on the confirmation of permanent residence paper. i had thought they they would use the same picture.

now i heard from my friend that their pictures should have been taken as part of the landing procedure at the airport. is this correct? coz no immigration officer asked them to do so.

If it was in fact part of the procedure, then what should we do now for the pictures.

thanx

Photo's for the PR card processing is taken from the landing documents. Only if the officer finds those photos are not exactly compliant to their requirements they take pictures again. For me, they didn't take the picture - but said they use the one on the landing documents.

perplexed said:
my mother and brother arrived as immigrants. they werent asked to take any pictures at the time of landing. they had one picture on the confirmation of permanent residence paper. i had thought they they would use the same picture.

now i heard from my friend that their pictures should have been taken as part of the landing procedure at the airport. is this correct? coz no immigration officer asked them to do so.

If it was in fact part of the procedure, then what should we do now for the pictures.

thanx

Landing with Expiring Passport

Hi,
My passport is getting expired in 4 more months and I have Canadian Immigrant (GC) visa will expire before (2 months) that. Please let me know what should I do?

1. Can I land with existing passport and comeback
OR
2. Can I renew my passport NOW (By sending to Indian consulate) and land in the NEW passport.

If I take Option 2, I will get NEW passport (As per Indian Consulate), but my Canada Immigrant Visa in the Old passport will contain OLD passport number.

Please advice me what to do here? Your help is appreciated.

Thanks in Advance.

Regards,
-Sri

Your best bet is landing with the current passport and come back. Landing is a one time deal, simple and your are done.

niceguy369 said:
Hi,
My passport is getting expired in 4 more months and I have Canadian Immigrant (GC) visa will expire before (2 months) that. Please let me know what should I do?

1. Can I land with existing passport and comeback
OR
2. Can I renew my passport NOW (By sending to Indian consulate) and land in the NEW passport.

If I take Option 2, I will get NEW passport (As per Indian Consulate), but my Canada Immigrant Visa in the Old passport will contain OLD passport number.

Please advice me what to do here? Your help is appreciated.

Thanks in Advance.

Regards,
-Sri

Landing in Canada and returning to USA for 3 years.

Hi,

I am currently on H1-B visa working in the US. I have recently got my Canadian Immigration and planning to land in Canada before deadline.

After landing in Canada and applying for my PR card, SIN, Health, and Bank Account, what do I need to do to ensure my return back to USA and stay in USA for three years that I can stay outside Canada without jeopardizing my Canadian Immigration Status?

Any advice on this would be greatly helpful!

Kind Regards,

Stingray

** Settlement funds

Hi
I recently was asked to send my passports to Buffalo for stamping. Once I get my stamped passports (with Canadian immigrant stamps) I know that I will have to land in Canada before the expiry date.
I have a question about the settlement funds. When I land, should I have checks for the funds or is any document that speaks to my investment here sufficient ?
If I take checks am I expected to deposit the amount in a Bank ? Or can I just get the checks back with me when I return to the U.S.

This is kind of urgent as I am expecting my passports back any time now.
Thanks guys in advance.

rbacherak

what is the approximate time they give for landing

does the visa expires in few days or months or year???

rbacherak

You can take cashier's checks or a bank statement, either way is fine. It just depends on you what works for you remember if you take above 10 K you need to declare it, there are several posts by me on this issue take a look. I took cashier's check since they are a more "solid" proof according to me and it also depends on the discretion of the officer, the rules say "proof of funds" so you can intepret them anyway you want, my basic reasoning is no one can dispute cashier's checks and you can always bring them back anyway so why not.

You do not have to deposit the amount unless you want to, you can bring it back

gvr123

You have one year from the time you took your medicals to land and once you land you have three years in a 5yr window that you can stay outside without losing your PR

Hello

I am planning to land soon and wanted to find out if the airline takes I-94 away if travelling from Boston Logan airport if u tell them ur going to canada.

I read that if travelling to canada for less than 30 days you dont need to surrender I-94.

I am looking for any specific experience from Boston logan.

Will Appreciate if someone can answer these questions

Hi,

We are planning to land in Canada in Feb 2005.
Then from Canada we will go to India & come back to USA.

My questions:
1.Is there any format for “Goods to follow” list or simple Excel spreadsheet will do.
2.Later on we want to bring our car also but the problem is in the near future we will sold our old car & will take the new car with us.

Problem: I can only have the car details once I get my new car?
So what should I do, take the details of old car or mention in the list “new car”(will provide details later on). Is it possible to pay Car installments from Canada in US?
I would really appreciate if someone can answer this question?

3.If my “goods to follow” list has “living room furniture” & “printer” and due to some reasons I am not able to bring those things then what happens?

4.Do we have to mention the cost of the Jewellery also? Will the photographs include “ornamental” jewellery or only the “Gold” stuff?

5.Where do we surrender our I-94 forms.

6.Since we will be going to India and will have lot of luggage, hope that won’t be a problem?

I would really appreciate if someone can answer these questions or suggests us how to go about this whole thing!

Many Thanks!!