Landing in Canada with H1 status..please help

shantamebuet

Hi Everybody,

I will be landing in canada before august this year. I am currently in USA working under my OPT. My wife is with me. My F-1 visa has expired. I will be converting My F-1 to H-1 before I enter to canada. My Questions are as follows:
1) If I enter canada with an expired F-1 visa stamp and H-1 status, can I reenter US within 30 days without obtaining a new visa? What documents should I take for the reentry?
2) If I plan to face a visa for H-1 in us consulate in canada, Do I have to wait till I get my PR card in canada? Or If I just show up (with appointment ofcourse) with my landing papers in the consulate that will suffice? The reason behind this question is I am a citizen of Bangladesh and I wont have time to go to canada and go back to bangladesh for facing new us visa. I wanna do my canadian landing and US visa facing both in canada.
3) Is there going to be any problem with the canadian authority if I reenter US without having my PR card? I wanna just go there , land, face visa and come back. My relatives can send my PR card to me later on. Is there any specific rule to do that or I can do that without filing any paperwork to canadian authority?
4) If I wanna expedite my US visa facing decision, can I do something so that the specific US consulate can get the result on my background check before even I face the interview? That way I dont have to wait on my background check after the interview.

All these questions are very important to me. So please answer even if you know partial answer(s). Thanks a lot.
---Rony

shantamebuet said:
Hi Everybody,

I will be landing in canada before august this year. I am currently in USA working under my OPT. My wife is with me. My F-1 visa has expired. I will be converting My F-1 to H-1 before I enter to canada. My Questions are as follows:
1) If I enter canada with an expired F-1 visa stamp and H-1 status, can I reenter US within 30 days without obtaining a new visa? What documents should I take for the reentry?
2) If I plan to face a visa for H-1 in us consulate in canada, Do I have to wait till I get my PR card in canada? Or If I just show up (with appointment ofcourse) with my landing papers in the consulate that will suffice? The reason behind this question is I am a citizen of Bangladesh and I wont have time to go to canada and go back to bangladesh for facing new us visa. I wanna do my canadian landing and US visa facing both in canada.
3) Is there going to be any problem with the canadian authority if I reenter US without having my PR card? I wanna just go there , land, face visa and come back. My relatives can send my PR card to me later on. Is there any specific rule to do that or I can do that without filing any paperwork to canadian authority?
4) If I wanna expedite my US visa facing decision, can I do something so that the specific US consulate can get the result on my background check before even I face the interview? That way I dont have to wait on my background check after the interview.

All these questions are very important to me. So please answer even if you know partial answer(s). Thanks a lot.
---Rony

1) Yes ! the automatic visa revalidation rule is still valid. Just carry your 797 and a new I-94 which came with it

2) Landing Paper should be okay , still check up with US consulate
3) no. Just drive in your own car to canada if you do not have a PR card
4) No