Landing in Canada border post with own car- please advice

mech_engr

Hello
Being new to this forum, I deeply appreciate the people providing important information here. I work in US as mechanical engineer. My Canadian immigration has been approved and I am planning to land through the border crossing in Port Huron, Michigan with my own car in May, 2005 . I plan to stay for week in Canada, get my H1 visa revalidated , come back to US and move to Canada in next year with all my personal items including the car. My concerns now- please advice me.

1) The reason of landing with my car ( 2 year old Toyota) is due to the uncertainity in getting the US visa (atleast I will have my car with me in Canada if I can't come back!). Will the Canadian border officials insist me to import the car then (May) itself even if I mention it in 'goods to follow' list ?
2) How much duty along with importing fees that I may have to pay if they don't alllow me to enter Canada without importing the car?

May be my questions are little old for the regular visitors here. I will be thankful to you for the advice.