Lack of sponsor

brandib

I am an American citizen who found the love of my life while living and working in Brussels, Belgium. He is a British National. We consulted the American Embassy in Brussels when we decieded to marry back in May of this year, as to "How to go about this properly" return to the States and marry here, or marry abroad and then file with the embassy for his Visa. They urged us to marry abroad, and submit from there. We have since found out that this did not work to our advantage, we are now at the mercy of a consular officer there who allthough has pushed thiongs along at an astonishing rate has completely thrown our life into a tail spin, we've been living apart for almost six months now as they told me to return to the States to reestablish residency, get a job, so on and so forth. All this being said and done his final interview was October 28, 2003. We've now been told that his entry has been denied due to the fact that I have not yet earned enough to sponsor my husband on my own, we need a joint sponsor to secure his Visa, which we have been trying to do since that date, and without much success, my parents whom are divorced and both collecting disability, (which completely disqualifies them, have a brother (ex- military) who is afraid to do it, and a whole slew of friends and relatives who are post September 11th paranoids, do you have any advice as to how to secure a joint sponsor, I've even asked my employer, he too is uinable to help due to paranoia and fear of being investigated by the IRS! I can't beleive that something that is so common place and routine is causing us so much pain and grief. My Lawyer is surprised at the unwillingness of my family and friends to help. Could you please give me some advice as to how to ease their minds that this is simple an ends to a means and they will in no way come under investigation, after all the Federl Government already knows all the information they will ever need on any of us.
Signed,
Desperate in Arkansas