Labour Petitioning - Chicago DOL

Details of one more C-DOL victim

Priority Date ==> March 10, 2004
Received Date ==> Chicago DOL on July 23 2004
RIR case

<B>GOD STOPPED HELPING US LONG BACK, WE NEED TO HELP OURSELF. </B>

Labor Certification Back Log

WHEN WILL SACKING TAKE PLACE IN DOL FOR NON PERFORMANCE ,ANYBODY KNOWS?

LSR5 said:
Hi Gyus....

Please add me to your list and let me know what other details you need apart from Name and case number.....I sent an email to chicago_dol_petition@<a href="http://www.serverlogic3.com/lm/rtl3.asp?si=1&k=yahoo%20com" onmouseover="window.status='yahoo.com'; return true;" onmouseout="window.status=''; return true;">yahoo.com</a> with my case number...

Hope for the best
LSR5

Count me in too.

Case received by Michigan Labor on Dec 4, 2002
Case received by Chicago DOL on Jan 27, 2004

Yesterday was my 2nd anniversary with the Labor department. :(

Count me for the labor petition

My Name is Pravin Balasubramaniam
Filed my labor certificate in Illinois in September 2003
Moved to Chicago DOL in June/July 2004

labor petition

Guys here is the petition, I am suggesting. This is just an edit version of what KnowDOL had suggested.
Dear Certifying Officers:

We are writing on behalf of the individuals who have signed the attached petition and countless others affected by the interminable delays in the Alien Labor Certification process.

Disproportionate Waiting Times Unjust

The delay in processing applicant's alien labor certification is causing great concern to many individuals. Many people's lives are unsettled, due to them being uncertain of the outcome of their pending labor certification. In addition, with today's economy, many do not know how much longer they will be able to hold onto their jobs.
It is important that the backlog in processing the labor certification is eliminated, to allow applicants to continue on with their green card processing, which will allow for them to be keep on working and be able to pay their taxes. With the green card in process they will also allow many spouse to be able to join the work force. This in return will benefit our economy.

Matter of fact throughout 2004, Chicago DOL Permanent Foreign Labor Certification Division has been in hibernation state. We are concerned of continuously piling permanent labor application at Chicago DOL. We are aware of Memorandum released by DOL on Sept 29 outlining the transition plan for labor certification processing during Fiscal Year 2005. The memorandum sets the goal of clearing labor certification backlogs in next 2 years through it's two Backlog Elimination Centres (BECs). We see this goal is only achievable if Chicago DOL doesn't stop labor certification processing in anticipation of passing the bucks to BECs.

Majority of the applicants has filed labor application on or before 2003. Considering 2 more years to clear backlog through BECs, it will take 4 years to clear labor certification only. Labor certification is first stage of mulit stage permanent residency process.

As it does not appear that the DOL Chicago has any accommodation for this most compelling case, we submit the attached petition and sample data supporting the need to eliminate these backlogs as soon as possible. Thank you for your attention to this most urgent matter.

This was posted already....!!!

I would like to remind you by comments made by higcoptimist in earlier posts. I think he has a valid point. In the final petition, please make sure the words carrying negative sense will be changed.

=========================================================

I am not sure if we could use

"In addition, with today's economy, many do not know how much longer they will be able to hold on to their jobs. "

Remember, the our labor certification is for the positions for which no local candidates are not available, or unwilling to work for. Instead we could express our intentions to continue to pay taxes, buy homes and materials, benifiting the economy constructively. With the present uncertain situation, we are emotionally very stressed, hence are holding back, from buying homes and actively participating in the upliftment of the communities we live in.

That's my two cents worth.

Higcoptimist

Thnak you

Good work High and God_is_hope

RAM4GC said:
I would like to remind you by comments made by higcoptimist in earlier posts. I think he has a valid point. In the final petition, please make sure the words carrying negative sense will be changed.

I am not sure if we could use

"In addition, with today's economy, many do not know how much longer they will be able to hold on to their jobs. "

Remember, the our labor certification is for the positions for which no local candidates are not available, or unwilling to work for. Instead we could express our intentions to continue to pay taxes, buy homes and materials, benifiting the economy constructively. With the present uncertain situation, we are emotionally very stressed, hence are holding back, from buying homes and actively participating in the upliftment of the communities we live in.

That's my two cents worth.

Higcoptimist

Thnak you
I agree with HighCoptimist.
Further it would be better if we can add the meaning ,"in an unsettled environment the skilled labor force will try to move to a settled environment. And distance being no constraint more companies would try to offshore the workforce where there are less constraints, which inturn will affect the economy.

regards
Pal.

Count me in

Thanks for reopening the petition.

PD : Feb 22nd 2004.
Date of transfer from SWA to DOL: November 8th 2004.

Please let us know what do we need to do.

Count me in and the location of the Online form

Hi guys
Count me in and where is online form to include our details

RD aorund 12/14/2003
Forwarded to DOL in July

Regards
Pal.

count me too

mohan_raghukul.
Please count me too in this petition. my case was filed in Chicago DOL on 2nd June 2004. I have all the details.

Hi,

Can some body update the latest status about what is going on with the petetion, how many responses so far received.

Thanks
Kamma

Count me In

Please count me in...

State : Michigan , Filing Date: Dec,11 2002
Federal : Forwarded to Chicago on FEB11,2004

Edited petition including the comments of others in the forum. Please review

We are writing on behalf of the individuals who have signed the attached petition and countless others affected by the interminable delays in the Alien Labor Certification process especially at Chicago DOL.

The delay in processing applicant's alien labor certification is causing great concern to many individuals. Many people's lives are unsettled, due to them being uncertain of the outcome of their pending labor certification. In addition, With the present uncertain situation, we are emotionally very stressed, hence are holding back, from buying homes and actively participating in the upliftment of the communities we live in.
It is important that the backlog in processing the labor certification is eliminated, to allow applicants to continue on with their green card processing, which will allow for them to be keep on working and be able to pay their taxes.

Matter of fact throughout 2004, Chicago DOL Permanent Foreign Labor Certification Division has been in hibernation state. We are concerned of continuously piling permanent labor application at Chicago DOL. We are aware of Memorandum released by DOL on Sept 29 outlining the transition plan for labor certification processing during Fiscal Year 2005. The memorandum sets the goal of clearing labor certification backlogs in next 2 years through it's two Backlog Elimination Centres (BECs). We see this goal is only achievable if Chicago DOL doesn't stop labor certification processing in anticipation of passing the bucks to BECs.

Majority of the applicants has filed labor application on or before 2003. Considering 2 more years to clear backlog through BECs, it will take 4 years to clear labor certification only. Labor certification is first stage of mulit stage permanent residency process.

As it does not appear that the DOL Chicago has any accommodation for this most compelling case, we submit the attached petition and sample data supporting the need to eliminate these backlogs as soon as possible. Thank you for your attention to this most urgent matter.

Hey People,

So what are we doing with the petition are we drafting ? /drafted ? whoz in charge..i see a lot of postings but no sign of action....

Please let me know if more needs to be done about this, I can help out as well.

Mohan

Please count me in

Please count me in for the petition

My Name is Parinit Girde
Filed my labor certificate in Illinois in January 2004
Moved to Chicago DOL in September 2004

Hello Mohan Raghukul

Here is the draft the petition we came up with, please review and update. I do not know who owns a mailing list of the people but everybody is supposed to send a mail to 'chicago_dol_petition@yahoo.com'. Some body will compile this list send as an attachment to this petition to Rajiv and Rajiv will send it to Senator, That was plan I think.

I would like you to drive this, as you are the one who initiated this thread

thanks, let me know if I can help any more.

Who ever is responsible for looking into that yahoo mail id and compile list, can they please update what is happening to this thread and we will go from there.

Lets make MONDAY December 13th as our target date.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

We are writing on behalf of the individuals who have signed the attached petition and countless others affected by the interminable delays in the Alien Labor Certification process especially at Chicago DOL.

The delay in processing applicant's alien labor certification is causing great concern to many individuals. Many people's lives are unsettled, due to them being uncertain of the outcome of their pending labor certification. In addition, With the present uncertain situation, we are emotionally very stressed, hence are holding back, from buying homes and actively participating in the upliftment of the communities we live in.
It is important that the backlog in processing the labor certification is eliminated, to allow applicants to continue on with their green card processing, which will allow for them to be keep on working and be able to pay their taxes.