Labour not cleared since 2+ years

slimshady

Registered Users (C)
Hi guys, I have a friend in Chicago area and his Labour for GC was filed somewhere in AUG98. And he has still not received approval. Is this normal or Chicago DOL has lost his files.
Please Gurus, let me know what he can do now, and I think he is going to finish 6yrs this month.

No Title

Slimshady:
Losing LC applications is a routine occurrence at the Chiacgo DOL.
They lost mine after having approved it. My lawyer pulled some strings with them and got things sorted out. But unlike your poor friend I only lost about 6 months time.

I strongly urge your friend to have his lawyer contact people at the DOL and also report it to Senator Durbin\'s office.

It\'s a travesty what\'s going on at the Chicago DOL.

No Title

Has not he tried to check his case at DOL any time? Even lots of immigation sites like this one posts the processing times several times a year on their sites. Hasn\'t he be checking what are the dates they are working on now?

First of all try to call chicago DOL, enter the case number and listen to the message. If the dates are way beyond his application date, then start contacting somebody. Nobody does anything for us except us. I feel sorry for your friend. Doesn\'t he know how the whole process of getting GC works or what?

No Title

Mine was lost too and I had found out because it took 3 years. I have a good lawyer and they pulled some strings and got my labor approved. I should have followed up earlier , but Iam a lazy bum with a great job (lotta of money, work sucks).