labor pending for 330 days

felix31

Registered Users (C)
:(

anyone out there who is in similar situation....I have labor pending for 330 or so days and at the end of 6 yrs...

what can I do to overcome this gap before I am actually eligible to apply for 7th yr extension?

appreciate all answers :confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
felix31 said:

anyone out there who is in similar situation....I have labor pending for 330 or so days and at the end of 6 yrs...

what can I do to overcome this gap before I am actually eligible to apply for 7th yr extension?

If your labor is pending for more than 365 days, you can apply for 7 year extenstion without any doubt, when does your 6 year expires?

felix31 said:

1 - Look at the actual date you came in on H1 to the US vs. when your H1 was initially approved. Your H1 counter starts when you arrive not when your H1 was approved.

2 - Try to recapture days. If you were outside the US for extended periods of time (more than 1 month) and if you can prove you were outside of the country you may be able to get those days back. This one is very controversial, some say you don't need to be away for long to actually recapture your days.

Just ideas, talk to your immigration attorney.

thanks guys..

: (

i am going to be short 35 days - between actual date of first entry on h1 and the date i'll be eligible to ask for extension for 7th yr...
and no chance for recapture...was here all the time

so i have about 5 mths before I have to leave
and attorney said that i have to leave at the end and he'll file for 7th yr as soon as possible, so than i can get stamp and everything...

but i was just wondering...did anyone actually went through something similar, I am worried about stamping passposrt for 7th yr and getting back, what if something goes wrong..
employer is willing to write vacation for two weeks and leave of absence but than he would expect me to come back asap

any suggestions... :confused: :confused: time

i'm also thinking of switching to PERM?

also i thought to visit friend in Canada.....sit with him for a while and get h1 stamp in toronto as soon as attorney ships approval

i used to feel good about this - now i'm a bit uneasy..

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,

I am not short of days to file extension but I am very close, I am eligible to file extension 3 days before end of 6th year. You know, last two days are sat and sunday. So I have only one day to file my extension.

Try Premium processing, It will be processed with in a week.

Did you discuss doing your leave of absence now vs. at the end. That way when they apply for the extension, they can ask for recapture od those days.

You would take the 35 day leave of absence now.