Labor for Associate degree... Urgent... Gurus.. Pls. help...

ecnr123

Registered Users (C)
Hi Guys...

I have educational qualification of 10 + 2 + 3 year Diploma electronics + 1.5 years Post Diploma In Computer Applications.

My lawyer is suggesting that we should put the educational qualification as 'Associate's degree + 5 years progressive experience' for my case.

I was suggesting him to put

'Bachelor's or equivalent' with explanation of 'Equivalency can be derived as Combination of education and experience.

Which way is better to get the approval? Has anybody gone through this...

Does PERM applications get RFEs like normal labor used to get?

Please suggest...

Thanks a million...

How do you convince the USCIS of 10 + 2 + 3 year Diploma electronics + 1.5 years Post Diploma in Computer Applications are equivalent to American 4-year Bachelor degree?

UnitedNations... Please help...

through combination of education and experience...

Go through
PERM Application information.

http://www.dol.gov/dol/allcfr/Title_20/Part_656/20CFR656.17.htm

It has "(h) Job duties and requirements." section. Its (4) (ii) section says...

If the alien beneficiary already is employed by the employer,
and the alien does not meet the primary job requirements and only
potentially qualifies for the job by virtue of the employer's
alternative requirements, certification will be denied unless the
application states that any suitable combination of education, training,
or experience is acceptable.

I would like to know what this actually means? Whether my case can utilise this rule...

Thanks...

Last edited by a moderator:
First get your educational qualification credential evaluated by an agency. www.wes.org

immiq said:
How do you convince the USCIS of 10 + 2 + 3 year Diploma electronics + 1.5 years Post Diploma in Computer Applications are equivalent to American 4-year Bachelor degree?

I my over qualified?

Can PERM gurus answer my question?

1. I have a master's degree with over 7years exp. in IT. my present co is using a job that requires a high school with 5+ years experience for my PERM. What are my changes of being approved?

2. I am currently working with my co on H1B. what is the implication of putting the co as part of my work experience? can this affect my or not?