Labor Approved

TargetGC403

Details

May 15, 2001 --> Applied at SESA
Nov 23, 2001 --> Transferred to DOL
June 5, 2002 --> DOL remanded back to employer

Employer put an ad for 2 weeks & responded back to DOL

July 02, 2002 --> DOL approved Labor

I work for one of the world's biggest software firms based with world headquarters in California. We had sevral layoffs. My job is that of a software engineer.

I do not have details of responses to the ad &/or the reply from the attorney/HR to DOL. They told me that they prepared a very GOOD reply.
--------------------------------------
From an analysis of the events, this is what I decipher:

In June, California DOL started remanding applications back to employer. None of the other DOLs followed suit.

From last week, CAlifornia DOL seems to have reversed its policy & started approving Labor Certifcations. That is why, you see fresh cases being approved without being remaned to employer also. I believe that most of the cases remanded back to employer will also be approved after the attorney/HR replies to DOL with results from responses to advertisement

How long did it take for the DOL to approve your case after the 2 week waiting period.
-Thanks.

I am still waiting ....

:( ... mine was the same case - remanded to employer by DOL (DOL Recpt Date = 11/21/02)...they sent a letter stating that my employer needs to run more ads....they did and sent back the responses to DOL on 24th June...am still waiting...and hoping for the best.
There is atleast one person whose case did not recv such a letter (DOL Recpt Dt = 12/06) which means he was behind me but directly got approved this monday (07/15)...what do we make of this ?
I hope what you say is true - looks like DOL has reversed its outlook and is approving cases....just hope that ours dont get stuck because of the Remanded to Employer status....