L2 waiting for EAD 6 months only

Annasand

Hi,

I'm under a L2 visa. I had a EAD but for only 6 months.
- (Q1) Do you know what could be the reason of a 6 month EAD (instead of 12/24 months)?
Now, I'm re-applying for a EAD (in progress) but I would like to know:
- (Q2) What are the chances that I get another 6 months EAD?
- (Q3) Is it ok to work from home with contract work online (I think under 1099) while waiting for the EAD? If yes, what are the requirements / conditions?
- (Q4) If I have an offer, is there any chance to expedite the EAD process?

Also, my husband had been selected for the DV (Diversity) visa in 2016. We applied but did not ask for EAD or Advanced Parole because I already had a EAD in progress and we don't plan to travel overseas. We already did the biometrics in March 2016 and are waiting for the interview.
- (Q5) Should we include EAD and Advanced Parole to our AOS package?
- (Q6) How does this DV visa (green card) will impact my EAD in progress and thus my work?

Thank you!

More details and Timeline below:

I came in the US on a J1 Intern in 2009 for 5 months. (2 year rule does not apply). That was my first US visa.

Then in 2013, I went back to the US under a J1 Trainee (18 months) visa (my 2nd US visa). At the same time, my husband also came in the US but with a L1 visa.

After 12 (out of 18) months of J1, I file for i-539 change of status to a L2 visa (spouse of L1) and I also filed for i-785 employment authorization. Unfortunately, we traveled overseas and 6 month later both of my applications (change of status and EAD) were denied.

So in March 2015, I went to Ottawa consulate to change my visa to a L2 visa (my 3rd US visa) and re-file a i-785 employment authorization (EAD). They send me my EAD card 3 months later but it was valid only 6 month (Q1)(until January 2016). I was surprised because usually it's 12-24 months validity. When I called and went to USCIS office, no one was able to tell me why it was only 6 months, they say it was a mistake, that I have to wait one month to see if they can fix it.

Finally, they asked to me to re-submit again a EAD application renewal on February 2016. This, will also take another 3 months. (Q2-Q3-Q4)
Meanwhile, my husband and I last year have filed for DV visa (lottery) and he get selected. Our number gets current on March 2016 and we sent our AOS package (without EAD and Advanced Parole (AP)) since I already have a EAD pending case. (Q5-Q6).

Thank you for your help!