L2 Visa for my Spouse

bhimshan27

Hi,

I have a valid L1 Blanket VISA which expires in 2012. I want to apply for L2 VISA for my wife. I have below questions regarding the same:

1) Since I came here 20 days back, my paystubs are not generated as of now. Are paystubs of L1B holder mandatory for L2 visa processing?
2) After how many days we can re-apply for L2 again if it is rejected now?
3) If it is rejected now will it affect the L2 application later?

Please reply ASAP as it is very urgent.

Thanks & Regards

A1: I do not believe it is a requirement. However if you have one, it will only help.
A2: Why would it be rejected? As long as there is a spousal relationship, chances of denial are very small.
A3: See above

1) Since I came here 20 days back, my paystubs are not generated as of now. Are paystubs of L1B holder mandatory for L2 visa processing?
2) After how many days we can re-apply for L2 again if it is rejected now?
3) If it is rejected now will it affect the L2 application later?

Well ....... I really appreciate your quick response. Few more details:

1) Documents required for applying L2 VISA?
2) Should my spouse carry original I-797 and I-129 of L1 Blanket applicant or a copy should do it?
3) Any L2 counselor questions reference for my spouse to go thru?

Thanks & Regards

A1: Your I-797 and the marriage certificate
A2: Just to cover all bases, carry the originals
A3: Not really. Most of the time the MC suffices.

1) Documents required for applying L2 VISA?
2) Should my spouse carry original I-797 and I-129 of L1 Blanket applicant or a copy should do it?
3) Any L2 counselor questions reference for my spouse to go thru?

Thanks for the information. I do have one and last question.

Is it necessary that only Employer has to process L2 VISA or even individual can go for the interview without employer intervention?

Thanks in advance

L2 visa - before wedding rituals.

Hi,
I am planning to get married in November and thinking of getting married in court first and get the marriage certificate. Do you think my wife can appear for VISA interview? and finish the procedural wedding and its rituals after that...
or do they need wedding photos etc.. I will have my wedding card with future dates..

I already have L1 VISA stamped, can i appear for the interview with her ?

Thanks,
Prasanna.