L2 Visa delayed by US embassy after approving application

sg185033

hi,
My wife has attended US visa interview for L2 visa on 22nd feb and got approval from the counselor. They kept her passport and told her that she'll receive it in 2-3 days with visa stamp.
But 2 days later, she got a mail from embassy that they need some more detail documents and the whole process will now take 3-4 weeks.
Can any one tell me how I can track the status and is there any possibility of getting visa earlier.
any information on this will be helpful.

There is no guarantee that a dependant visa will be granted. While it would be very unusual, it certainly is a possibility that you should plan for.

L2 Visa Stuck in Admin Processing (Yellow slip acknowledgement)

Warm Regards,

I am currently at Philadelphia, in an L1 visa, my wife got interviewed for a dependent L2 visa. Which the officer didn't denied but they moved it for some admin processing and said it would take 2-3 weeks. The interview took place at New Delhi on 8th Feb'10. It's starting of 5th Week and we dont have a status.
We have end up calling them so many times but they don't have any response "Your Visa is under processing and we don't have a date as of now". They don't have a date as well as the state of processing the application is in.

This is the link they give to the applicants to check the status of it.
newdelhi.usembassy.gov/outreach/aoadb.html. This is a newly created webpage, earlier they were updating the site TWICE with the list of applications processed or pending in the form of a PDF file. And that was a nice way in terms to know their performance to know how much they blocked and how much processed in last week. **** So I kept a PDF of last week ****

Now, if I try the new portal with the batch Id given to me for our application, I still see the same message that your application s under processing, which is correct! but if I try to see the status of any other application from the PDF I have it shows me the same message, even-though that was processed as the PDF I have.

I don't know, this is really a pain. No one to tell what's happening...

Question:
1. How to know status, and what going on?
2. What is the time frame?
3. Is there any way to expedite it, so that we may get visa ASAP?
4. Were does the processing goes on? India or US?

--
Regards,
Neeraj

A1: Not much you can do. Even if you ask them a specific question, they may not give you an answer.
A2: No time limit on background checks
A3: See A1
A4: Mostly in the US, where various agencies are working on a single applicant's background check.

Question:
1. How to know status, and what going on?
2. What is the time frame?
3. Is there any way to expedite it, so that we may get visa ASAP?
4. Were does the processing goes on? India or US?

I do not understand the urgency for the L2 visa since she is not required to travel with you. If you need to be somewhere on a particular date, go and she can follow if and when she gets the visa.

Was she previously in the US on another visa status? If so, which one and are there any issues involved with that stay?

i think you should talk to the authorities about this issue seriously...if the details were not incomplete then how did they approve the application...