L1B visa expires, still I94 valid for next three years

sry234

Hi, My L1B visa expires on Dec 2010, but my I-94 is valid till Jan 2013. My Company is filing for an extension and I have following questions....

1. Visa expiry or I94 expiry is valid for Work/Stay in US? Can I stay and work in US after my visa expiry date till I94 expiry? My company lawyer telling me that we need not file for extension if we are not intend to go out of US during this time..
2. What if my extension get rejected? Can I use the latest I94 expiry date for stay/work in US?

Please help

Thanks for the replies...
The extension got triggered as per my request. If I didn't get my visa extended, my current I-94 will become inactive when I do an exit of the country.

But my doubt is that if my extension get rejected due to some reason, will my existing I-94 will be valid? and if yes, with that i can continue employment till I wish to leave the country.

my company stopped extension process saying they cannot process extension, as I-94 is valid for more than 6 months... and now a days extensions with this type getting rejected from USCIS with reason - "Extension not required"..:(

Now what should I do to take a vacation or in case of an emergency travel?

Please reply

I 'm on L1B and my co. initiated a renewal from their end, though I had a valid I-94 till 2012. When I verified with our co. immigration team they informed that as per the co. policy they will file an amendment to the existing petition. I got my petition approved as requested in the petition. (the process that I followed was the same).

You need to get a new visa stamp, your status is valid until the date on I-94, so you can go to the consulate and get a new stamp in the same way you got the old one. It might still expire before the status expiration date (the visa expiration is the last day of the allowed entry, not stay) in that case you'll have to go through the process all over again.

Stay in US

My L1b visa is getting expired by nov 2013. My I94 is valid till apr 2016. I have applied for L1B extension few days back.

I have heard extension are getting rejected. so want to know whether I can stay and work In US if My L1B extension gets rejected even though my I94 date is still apr 2016

Please help