L1B to H1B without COS

Martin_yam

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
Presently i am working in USA for Company A on L1B. My L1B visa and petition will expire in July 3rd week. Company A is applying for L1B extension. Recently i had a H1B offer from Company B. Company B had filed a H1B petition on June 2nd.This H1B petition will be effective from Oct1st,2005.

1)Will it be a problem to have new H1B petition and L1B extention petition at the same time.Will it create any problem to my L1B extension.

2)How long can i stay in USA.I have plans to join with company B in Dec,2005.
So, do i need to leave USA before Oct,2005 and come back with H1B stamp,I94 to USA.

Please some one advice me as early as possible.

1) not a problem. you can have both at the same time.

2) you don't have to leave USA and get stamping. You can continue without stamping as long as you are in US. you need to get stamping only when you leave the country and come back.

Can i Eligible to stay in us with approved H1 visa with out my L1 visa

Hi.

I came to us on L1B visa and valid upto 2010,After i came to us this year i applied new H1 visa and got approved by uscis .Now my comapny asking me to come back to india(L1 issued company),But now i have H1 visa but it is valid to work after 1st of october,2008 only.If i am not going to india they will cancel my L1.So can i legally eligible to stay here without L1(If they cancel if am not showing intrest to goback to india) and with approved H1 visa .

Please clarify me i will stay here upto august 15 th.If i am not going back to india my
L1 issued company try to cancel my visa.If they cancelled can i eligible to stay here with Approved H1 papers (between aug 15,2008 to Oct 1st 2008).

My new consultant told me that i can eligible to stay before 60 days without any visa wihtout my previos L1.

Please suggest me ASAP.

Last edited by a moderator:
#3 3rd August 2008, 08:02 PM
ajay_vasantha12
Registered User Join Date: Aug 2008

Can i Eligible to stay in us with approved H1 visa with out my L1 visa

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi.

I came to us on L1B visa and valid upto 2010,After i came to us this year i applied new H1 visa and got approved by uscis .Now my comapny asking me to come back to india(L1 issued company),But now i have H1 visa but it is valid to work after 1st of october,2008 only.If i am not going to india they will cancel my L1.So can i legally eligible to stay here without L1(If they cancel if am not showing intrest to goback to india) and with approved H1 visa .

Please clarify me i will stay here upto august 15 th.If i am not going back to india my
L1 issued company try to cancel my visa.If they cancelled can i eligible to stay here with Approved H1 papers (between aug 15,2008 to Oct 1st 2008).

My new consultant told me that i can eligible to stay before 60 days without any visa wihtout my previos L1.

Please suggest me ASAP.