L1B is going to expire

Aetos

Hi all,

This is my first post and I feel I'm in a bit mess and would like an advise if possible.
I work for a big company as a Technical Support engineer and I'm here with L1B VISA and the 5 years will expire in May 2014. I have a priority date of July 2011 for my EB3 which according to evaluation will be current in 2017.
The Employer's attorney who handles my case since I was relocated, filed application for H1B at April 1st this year but it was rejected due to lottery.
So the current status is that I will need to leave the states at May 2014. I can file my last extension for the time I was abroad during the time of the L1B which will bring me to late July/start of August 2014.
The attorney also says that they can file anther H1B application in April 1st 2014 and the H1B will be Valid not before October 2014. There will be 2-3 months gap that I will need to leave the states.
Another option is to leave now for few month in order to extend my L1B to October so there will be no gap. This creates a personal problem since we are expecting and the due date is next month. Hence the attorney suggest that I only needs to leave.

Another option is applying for L1-A and with my current role I will need to justify it and I will need for support of my employer for this.

My questions are what other options I have?
What kind of avenue I can take ?

My personal impression that I do not get enough from my Employer's attorney, should I hire one?

Thanks in advance

Your employer's attorney works for the employer (who writes the check) and not you. Hire one who will watch out for your interest because you will write the check. Your case is very complicated and you have few options because you could become a victim of the lottery again.

Confused

Hello,
I am based in India presently and am self employed, working as a Technical Analyst/Trader in the India stock market.
My wife is working with a leading MNC bank here in India.

She has recently applied for a vacancy in USA with the same bank. She will most probably be granted an L1 visa to work there for a 5 year term.

My worries are:
1. Will I be able to get a visa along with her. If yes, which visa.
2. Since I am not into any job with some company here, will I be eligible to apply for any jobs in US if and when I am granted a visa.
3. Can I work on my own in US ie as a propritory trader in the US stock markets? If yes, is there any minimum amount I am liable to bring to the US?
4. How easy/difficult would it be to carry out this whole process?

Thanks a lot for your time.
PC859