L1A to Green Card Status - Need for visa extension and GC processing category

ravibajaj

I have very simple questions, but am unable to find a definitive answer. Would be great if someone could review the same below and advise.

My visa (L1A) and I-94 expires on May 10th 2014, as also for my family (L2 visa and I94). I and family have been in this same statuses in USA (L1A and L2 respectively), since the time we came here in June 2011. My company may be in the process of filing the GC process soon.

1) Can I140 and I485 concurrently be filed under EB1 category.

2) Assuming these are filed almost immediately, would there be a need to go in for a visa extension come May 10th 2014.

3) At what stage would the GC process need to reach for the visa extension process to be skipped altogether?

4) My wife has an EAD on L2 visa and is working. Assuming the GC process is initiated, would this impact the EAD permit that she possesses.

Would be great if someone could answer the above and provide the generic steps on the way to the GC from L1A and any tips/ options to further fast track it.

TIA

Clarification needed pls

1. Yes, it can but not recommended unless you have a child about to turn 21 or the EB-1 case is air-tight strong.

2. It is always recommended, even if you file concurrently, to maintain nonimmigrant status until green card is approved. You never can predict what can happen.

3. If you the I-140 is already approved, then you can consider skipping the extension, though would still caution to extend.

4. No. She can continue working on current EAD until she receives new one.

For #4 : during this GC process steps, when could my wife (on L2 currently) apply for her EAD renewal, based on GC process and not by virtue of L2 visa?