1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

L1 related questions for Australians wanting to move to the US.

Discussion in 'General L Visa and Related Issues' started by visionquest, Jan 5, 2014.

  1. visionquest

    visionquest New Member

    Hey everyone, my partner and I very much want to make the move to the USA. My wife and I are Australian citizens, and she is about to begin the process of completing her accreditation to work in the US (she's a speech therapist and works in hospitals here in Australia), but before she does we want to make sure we would both be able to get a VISA for us both to work there.

    What are the requirements for an L1 VISA? Would a place like a hospital have the ability to sponsor her for a L1 VISA? I would need to be able to move over and work in the USA too (under I guess an L2 VISA?).

    Thanks a lot, we really need to find out if this is possible before we spend the resources to get her US accreditation.
  2. Qewty

    Qewty Registered Users (C)

    I was wondering why you are not considering an E3 Visa, which apparently costs considerably less than other visas and would allow you both to work?

    Just a quick question and apologies if there is an obvious answer to this, as I don't know anything about L1 visas.

    Warm wishes

  3. visionquest

    visionquest New Member

    Thanks a lot for this information, I wasn't aware of this. Hopefully a speech pathologist qualifies as a specialized occupation!
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 6, 2014
  4. Qewty

    Qewty Registered Users (C)

    I suspect it would. An E3 is a much preferred visa for employers of Australians; so much cheaper and quicker. You also have the option of extending it whilst in the US. With 10K of them on offer each year (I am sure that is the number) it is a much safer bet.

  5. Qewty

    Qewty Registered Users (C)

Share This Page