L1 individual and Blanket - Urgent

garman

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
My L1 individual petition has been rejected recently.

1)Can anyone please let me know if i can now apply for L1 Blanket or i have to wait for 6 months.

2) I am an engineering graduate with Branch Electronich & Instrumentation.
Is there any restriction on branch basis while applying L1 Blanket or an graduate engineer with any branch is eligible for it.

3)Last if i can apply for L1 Blanket then would L1 individual petition rejection make a negative impact on approving L1 Blanket.

Thanks

Hi,
seems my petition couldn't convinced USCIS and the petition was rejected. below is response from them -

Majority of candidate's work is centered on the development of ABC (client) systems, not for any project which specifically benefits the processes and procedures of xyz (my organisation).

candidate's resume indicates that he’s well versed in various computer hardware and software systems. However his experience is impressive & appears to be common among those who are similarly employed in the computer consulting industry.

xyz doesn’t indicate that, if we are unable to acquire the candidate’s services for this project, how long you xyz would need to spend training another individual in the tools with which candidate has purportedly gained specialized knowledge. xyz claims it is essential that you have their continued availability.

----------

apart from it i think as my experience is less than 2 yrs so it may also be a reason..

please suggest.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry to hear and it does not that you have many options. The rejection clearly seems to because of comparison issues between the job profile vs. your background. Even if you go for L1 blanket, consular officer would most likely look at the prior L1 individual petition rejection and reject L1 blanket visa petition too

Hi,
xyz claims it is essential that you have their continued availability.

Are you telling us that your company (xyz) actually stated (in the application) that you are counting on the fact that XYZ keeps the position open?

that seems that its counter-affects the reason for an L1, which is that the company needs YOU because of your knowledge/skills.

Hi,
I don't know much about that. I was just digging the options..
as there are different type of positions so one can be allocated to me..
as my L1 indiv. petition rejected so there are negligible chance to get L1 blanket.
Thanks