L1-B Blanket Visa - whats next?

Sushi_78

Hi all

I am sure this question has been asked many many times, so I thank you in advance for taking the time to answer.

I am about to be interviewed by the US consulate for my L1-B transfer visa for a large US corporation. My questions are as follows:

- What are the chances of not getting the L1-B blanket petition based Visa approved?
- My companies attorneys say that its slim to none
- What questions can I expect ( I am petitioned as a skilled worker)
- I know I am thinking well ahead but want to know my options before I even decide to leave. What can I do once my L1 visa is expired ( after 5 years) what are my options should I want to continue to live in the US on a permanent basis?

Thank you ever so much

Under USCIS regulations, a blanket L petitioner must meet the following four conditions:

1) The petitioner and each of the entities included in the blanket L petition are engaged in commercial trade or services;

2) The petitioner has an office in the United States that has been doing business for one year or more;

3) The petitioner has three or more domestic and foreign branches, subsidiaries, or affiliates; and

4) The petitioner and the other qualifying organizations have done at least one of the following: (a) obtained approval of petitions for at least 10 "L" managers, executives, or specialized knowledge professionals during the previous 12 months; (b) have U.S. subsidiaries or affiliates with combined annual sales of at least $25 million; (c) have a U.S. work force of at least 1,000 employees.

see http://www.greencardapply.com/l1visa/l1visa_faq.htm