L-1 visa: How long is the visa process?

OnTheGo

Registered Users (C)
Hi, can someone please tell me how long it usually takes from the time a prospective employer submits the application to a visa being issued for the temporary worker?

My wife might have an opportunity to work for the US based subsidiary of her current employer...while we are also waiting for our interview for visa processing under the DV lottery scheme (not expected to happen prior to Jul/Aug 2014).

Just wanting to have a rough idea on timeframe...is this a rather quick process or are we talking 6 months...12 months...in which case we might as well just wait for the green card.

OK, since noone seems to know the answer, I am giving it to you (and myself :eek:) ...
As my wife had a chat with a colleague who actually went through the process a year ago.
She stated that in her case it took between 3 and 4 months for an L-1 visa to be issued.

Have an awesome day everyone.

B1 to L1 status

Hello,

I have entered US in B1 visa status, i have came to US for visit only and i would like to understand that can i convert my B1 status to L1 status ? if yes then what is the process time for that and whether i can do that ?

I want to settle in US so can you please guide me for this.

Waiting for positive reply

Taral