KJ's thread

kalyanij

Registered Users (C)
I GOT APPROVED ON NOVEMBER 2nd, 2006

All:
I am not sure if you have been following what's going on with my case or not, but I decided to put it all in place going forward. Hopefully it'll help someone. Here's the latest :

Today, Monday, July 23rd:
I met with the officer at the local office. She told me that my case was PRE-APPROVED on 6/28/06 (incidentally I got an LUD on the same date, so that made sense) and then she said I should wait for another 30 days. I then told her about the visa bulletin and that visa numbers would run out on July31st. She said that I had alreay been assigned a visa number (like yoginm73). When I asked her what was holding up she paused and then opened the dreaded name check screen and there it was... my name check is still pending, the request was made in December, 2004.

Friday, July 21st, 2006:
I spoke with my attorney and asked him if he could do and AILA inquiry for me. He refused, saying you can do either congressional inquiry or AILA- but not both. I asked about other options including FOIPA, Ombudsman, etc and he felt only good option would be an InfoPass so I scheduled one for Monday.

Thursday, July 20th, 2006:
I spoke with the local senator's office and they point-blank refused to help expediate my case. I tried to argue in regards to visa numbers non-availablility after July31st- no response. So, effectively, I haven't gotten good any response to my inquiry from the senators office

Last edited by a moderator:
Tuesday, July 24th:
After getting written proof of name check pending through the infopass appointment, I decided to call a different Senator. The previous senator's staff wasn't really helpful.

So, I drafted a letter, included the letter from USCIS regarding name check, wrote URGENT on the letter multiple times and sent it to the senator asking him to act before July 31st.

It is very unlikely that anything will happen to my case before July 31st, but the fact that the USCIS officer told me that I had already been assigned a visa number because of the pre-approval makes me think there is a chance that this will work.

I am glad Yoginm73 got his approval. Congratulations buddy.

I will keep you updated on what happens next.

Tuesday, August 1:
July 31 came and went. Nothing happened to my case. I called the second senator's office on 31st to see if they had done anything. They told me they had contacted the Houston District office of USCIS on my behalf. When I told them that the issue was with FBI and not USCIS, they said that's the protocol they follow. The person was friendly and said that nothing is likely to happen before several weeks.

I went ahead and drafted a letter to Dir, FBI and sent it via certified mail. Let's see if that does anything to the name check situation. I will keep you updated via this thread.

Thanks for your wishes.

Friday, August 4:

I got a call from the first senators office. The lady told me she got a letter back from the FBI and USCIS and that I was stuck in name check (which I already know by now). She straight off told me that there is nothing she could do and all I could do is wait. The senator's office does not expediete name check. She told me not to contact anyone else because that would remove my case from the congressional pile to the public pile. :(

Best of Luck!

KJ,

Best of Luck, I hope your namecheck should clear soon!

----------------
PD: Aug 02
I-485 ND: Sep 05

Got it... finally!

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

The below email says it all. This is a big respite! I am now waiting on the darn visa numbers in EB2-India category to become available for my priority date. Thanks all for your support. I am pretty sure I would have been waiting had it not been to this forum and contributors and helpers like you. I feel I have overcome a big hurdle, there's is still ways to go and I will keep this thread updated.

Mr. xxxxxxx,
I am responding to your e-mail dated September xx, 2006, requesting status of an FBI Name Check.

A review of the Federal Bureau of Investigation's Name Check Program database concerning xxxxxxxxx revealed that your request was received from the USCIS on 12/03/2004. This submission was processed and finalized on 9/12/2006. The results were forwarded to the USCIS Headquarters, Washington, D.C.

Sincerely yours,

Michael A. Cannon, Chief/deb
National Name Check Program Section
Records Management Division

Congrats, KJ!

When did you sent an email/postal mail to FBI?. i think they stopped responding to email?

Congratulations KJ.

Looking at 485 threads now, I get the feeling that FBI has started to clear the name check backlog. Do you think your NC cleared because of Sentor?
Or finally FBI has stopped slacking and is getting some work done?

hate140delay ,
How did you file WOM as ProSe or attorney?. which state did you filed?.
my RD:8/21/03
EB2
PD:June2001

28Aug2003 said:
hate140delay ,
How did you file WOM as ProSe or attorney?. which state did you filed?.
my RD:8/21/03
EB2
PD:June2001
I filed WOM from Northern California (San Jose district court) and ProSe.
Looking at your signature, your RD is 1 day before mine, so I can understand your frustration.
There is a thread on lawsuits (http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=194681&page=1000 ), and there are some people filed lawsuit from Texas. I think 99-100% are successfuly, but nowadays US Attorney is giving some problems to some individuals. However California lawsuits seems to be super smooth.

I am from NJ, i spoke to one of the attorney they are charging 3K for both applicants. do you think is it good idea to file?. i tried all my level best contact all helpless people. no use at all.

Yes. This email is from FBI. They still do respond I guess. I sent them emails every couple of weeks. I did various other things. I don't know what worked. It's unlikely that the senatorial inquiry did anything. It might have been the first lady. Can't really tell.

Good luck to all.

28Aug2003 said:
Congrats, KJ!

When did you sent an email/postal mail to FBI?. i think they stopped responding to email?

28Aug2003 said:
I am from NJ, i spoke to one of the attorney they are charging 3K for both applicants. do you think is it good idea to file?. i tried all my level best contact all helpless people. no use at all.
Is it 3K for the entire process? or just for filing?
What if the lawsuit goes to court for Hearing, does this include those fees?
If its the whole process (including hearing) then its a good deal. If its just for filing then definitely do it yourself.
It sounds very intimidating to go ProSe, but once you get into the mode its quite easy. After getting my GC, I thought why did I even wait so long, I should have filed WOM long time ago. Anyways, better late than never.
Go for it, file the WOM, whats the worst that can happen.

It's not the full process, only for filing if it goes to trial another 3 to 4k, thats what he mentioned to me. do you know anyone filed from NJ to guide if i want to file as a ProSe?.

Hello KJ,
Could you please share with us what is FBI email address and what was your email content.
Thank you,
Asib

congrauts!

KJ said:
Tuesday, September 19, 2006

The below email says it all. This is a big respite! I am now waiting on the darn visa numbers in EB2-India category to become available for my priority date. Thanks all for your support. I am pretty sure I would have been waiting had it not been to this forum and contributors and helpers like you. I feel I have overcome a big hurdle, there's is still ways to go and I will keep this thread updated.

Mr. xxxxxxx,
I am responding to your e-mail dated September xx, 2006, requesting status of an FBI Name Check.

A review of the Federal Bureau of Investigation's Name Check Program database concerning xxxxxxxxx revealed that your request was received from the USCIS on 12/03/2004. This submission was processed and finalized on 9/12/2006. The results were forwarded to the USCIS Headquarters, Washington, D.C.

Sincerely yours,

Michael A. Cannon, Chief/deb
National Name Check Program Section
Records Management Division
Congratulations...on getting through this big hurdle! For those who are stuck in namecheck..do not give up!!!
Good luck for your I485!

FBI email addrss

Hi KJ,

Would you please share the FBI email address that you sent to, and a template of content o fyour request?

I tired "FBINNCP@ic.fbi.gov" and got bounced back stating email account does not exist ??? I used this couple month ago and my email goes into black hole.

Thanks for your help.

KJ said:
Yes. This email is from FBI. They still do respond I guess. I sent them emails every couple of weeks. I did various other things. I don't know what worked. It's unlikely that the senatorial inquiry did anything. It might have been the first lady. Can't really tell.

Good luck to all.

Answer to austinjoe and question for Toxsci

austinjoe,
That is the correct email address. I have been emailing for 2 years now. Not one email bounced. I am not sure why its bouncing for you.

Contents of the email very pretty standard and picked from one of the threads on this forum. It included name, address, A#, SSN and a personally worded request. I changed my personal wording and the subject of the email each time.

Hope that helps.

Toxsci,

I've got a question for you. Last time I did an infopass the officer told me that since I had been approved pending security clearance a visa number had already been assigned to me. Do you see any truth in this? Also, how long did it take for your clearance to reach TSC from Washington, DC.
Thanks

austinjoe said:
Hi KJ,

Would you please share the FBI email address that you sent to, and a template of content o fyour request?

I tired "FBINNCP@ic.fbi.gov" and got bounced back stating email account does not exist ??? I used this couple month ago and my email goes into black hole.

Thanks for your help.

KJ said:
Toxsci,

I've got a question for you. Last time I did an infopass the officer told me that since I had been approved pending security clearance a visa number had already been assigned to me. Do you see any truth in this? Also, how long did it take for your clearance to reach TSC from Washington, DC.
Thanks
I am not sure about it and in my opinion, it may not be true. In my case it took about 3 weeks for TSC to update FBI namecheck info..please refer to my posts in the following thread for more information. I was calling TSC everyweek and my lawyer also intiated AILA inquiry simultaneously..
http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=214587
good luck,
Toxsci.