K3 visa processing time?

conejaandnana

Hello out there...

Is anyone waiting on a K3 visa? I just mailed in my I29F package to the NBC; however, they are taking long in replying. I'm starting to believe the package got lost in their center somewhere.

Does anybody out there know how long are K3 visas taking to process?

Thanks much.

Don't K3 visas go to some USCIS address in Chicago? Please recheck the 129F instructions. K1's go a different place but I think K3's go to Chicago.

k-3 awaiting

rena2006 said:
Don't K3 visas go to some USCIS address in Chicago? Please recheck the 129F instructions. K1's go a different place but I think K3's go to Chicago.

hello Rena, I have I-129F on file but I sent it to chicago as i was stated to do I'm now waiting on the I-797 notice which should take about 3 to 4 weeks to recieve. Did you send yours by regular mail or express mail. I sent mines by express because it has a tracking # which told me they recieved it at 2:00 pm the next day I'm from Indiana so califronia is my post I just hope my husband will be able to come sooner than what I be hearing on these fourms I read it take over a year for k-3 but it was stated to me it should take about 7 to 8 months I can live with that.

k-3 awaiting

conejaandnana said:
Hello out there...

Is anyone waiting on a K3 visa? I just mailed in my I29F package to the NBC; however, they are taking long in replying. I'm starting to believe the package got lost in their center somewhere.

Does anybody out there know how long are K3 visas taking to process?

Thanks much.
sorry to say this but you sent it to the wrong place it should of been mailed to chicago branch not NBC you will help to refile. Do you know thats money wasted, Before you file always make sure you're sending forms to correct branches because theres no refunds of any kind, you can always call USCIS with any ?. I call them for everything because I know how stressful this is and 1 mistake sits you months back so resumit your petition as soon as possible.

Hello Conejaanana,
How are you have resumitted your petition. I now received my NOA for the I-129F it states that it should take about 60-180 days to be process well reading other people timeline I'm hoping for 60 aproval and then go from there. It just took one week to get this NOA from the time I sent it which was over night on Aug 31, 2006. I received notice on September 8, 2006. I was like "wow," so I now wait for the next step getting an aproval I'm filing my own petitions keep me informed on your case and ill do the same. If there are any one else thats out there waiting on a k-3 visa share your happiness are discomfort I will like to know if I can help as well as giving me some help. Hope everthing going well.

I will apply for K-3 tomorrow.

Need help is filling K-3 for my wife. What documents and forms I have to sent out? Offcourse I know i do have to mail it to Chicago office.

Please list me all forms as well as cover letter if any. Your help will be highly appreciated.

TheRock20148 said:
Need help is filling K-3 for my wife. What documents and forms I have to sent out? Offcourse I know i do have to mail it to Chicago office.

Please list me all forms as well as cover letter if any. Your help will be highly appreciated.

Hello,

You need to file the following docs in that package :

1. Payment. Use a check so you can track the payment.
2. Cover Letter. Should include a description of what your are petitioning for (K-3 Visa), a table of contents (list everything in the packet). If you need additional room to explain your case, attach a separate sheet (list the attachment on the cover sheet). Make sure to sign and date the cover sheet.
3. Form I-129F: Petition for Alien Fiance(e). This form may be used to obtain a K-3/K-4 visa for your alien spouse and her or his child. Fill out the form as directed, except assume that "fiancé" or "fiancé(e)" means "spouse." answer Questions B.17 and B.18 by stating "N/A." Note that filing this form is only necessary to facilitate the entry of your spouse and her or his child as a nonimmigrant.
4. G-325A (all four pages) filled out by the US Citizen signed and dated
5. One passport-type photo (see note) of the US Citizen. Write the full name of the US citizen on the back. Place in a plastic bag and label the bag "Photo of <US Citizens Name>". Attach the bag to a sheet of paper and place behind the corresponding G-325a.
6. G-325A (all four pages) filled out by the foreign fiance(e) signed and dated
7. One passport-type photo (see note) of the foreign Spouse. Write the full name of the foreign Spouse on the back. Place in a plastic bag and label the bag "Photo of <Foreign Spouses Name>". Attach the bag to a sheet of paper and place behind the corresponding G-325a.
8. Copy of the Birth certificate for the US Citizen (front and back) or a copy of ALL pages of the US Citizen's passport. This is used to establish citizenship.
9. Copy of the NOA1 from the I-130
10. Optional but recommended: Copy of your marriage certificate.
11. In regards to Section C Question 2, if applicable provide certified copies of all court and police records showing the charges and dispositions for any specified conviction(s) (in accordance with the IMBRA). See section 9 of the I-129f instructions for more information.

my question is when can I file for the I-129f?

i am an american citz. my fiance is not and lives in foriegn country. we will marry in june in her country. any way for her to come back with me? maybe a loop hole by filing for I-129f now? then file for I-130 when we are married this june?

went to a lawyer yesterday...told me total cost would be 4000 dollars!!! forget it....im figuring this process out on my own !

when can I apply

rek4385 said:
my question is when can I file for the I-129f?

i am an american citz. my fiance is not and lives in foriegn country. we will marry in june in her country. any way for her to come back with me? maybe a loop hole by filing for I-129f now? then file for I-130 when we are married this june?

went to a lawyer yesterday...told me total cost would be 4000 dollars!!! forget it....im figuring this process out on my own !

hello rek4385,

to answer your question to when you can apply for the I-129f first congrad on ur marriage in June of 2007 my wedding was in June of this year 2006.
in a foreign country i am a citizen as well you can not file the I-129f first you help to file I-130 first and wait on the I-797 NOA once you receive that then you can file I-129f and mail the I-797 NOA alone with the I-129f that shows proof you applied for I-130 and you dont need a lawyer you can do it yourself because I'm doing it myself. By the way my I-130 got approved before the I-129f did the I-129f is still pending for me
as the I-130 is moving along good I'm just wait to fill out the affidavit of support if everythings goes well my husband can come over in jan. 2007.
Your spouse can not come back with you after you marry :( Its been 5 month this year since me and my husband been apart :eek: well good luck if you need anymore help please feel free to contact me on your timeline i'll be glad to help if I can. :)

Anyone can clarify this please... My daughter a USC filed I-129F for K3 visa for her huband to the National Benefits Center, Chicago in Sept 2006. She received NOA with tracking # and the letter said it takes 60 - 180days for such cases to be approved. Yesterday she received a letter from NBC that they have transferred the case to Vermont Service Center for speedy processing. Is this normal since I thought only I-129F for K1/K2 fiance petitions go to the Service Center that has jurisdiction over the place you live. Is this ok or should she have to call VSC to clarify this???

Any thoughts on this is appreciated.

filed I-129f

Philraj1 said:
Anyone can clarify this please... My daughter a USC filed I-129F for K3 visa for her huband to the National Benefits Center, Chicago in Sept 2006. She received NOA with tracking # and the letter said it takes 60 - 180days for such cases to be approved. Yesterday she received a letter from NBC that they have transferred the case to Vermont Service Center for speedy processing. Is this normal since I thought only I-129F for K1/K2 fiance petitions go to the Service Center that has jurisdiction over the place you live. Is this ok or should she have to call VSC to clarify this???

Any thoughts on this is appreciated.

hello philra,
I'ts is ok I am under the same situation I got my mail back saying they transfered mines to cali center and the cali center stated they received it
and will mail me a decision when its completed. My I-130 got approved before the I-129f did and I am in the last stages of it before it get transfered to his country im still pending on I-129f as soon as my husband say he got his visa ill withdraw the I-129f

Levetha,
Thanks for the update. My daughter filed I-130 in May 2006 though she was a LPR at that time. She upgraded the I-130 from F2A to Immediate Relative category in Sept '06. How long did your I-130 take for approval?

I-130 approval

Philraj1 said:
Levetha,
Thanks for the update. My daughter filed I-130 in May 2006 though she was a LPR at that time. She upgraded the I-130 from F2A to Immediate Relative category in Sept '06. How long did your I-130 take for approval?

Hello philra, uscis received my I-130 on july 14 on aug 1 it was notice too me aug 31st i sent in I-129f sept 6 i received notice on sept 19 I-130 was approved and petition was xfered over 2 nvc on oct 4th nvc entered petiton into system oct 20th nvc mailed me affidavit of support bill and husband choice of agent form nvc also mailed me choice of agent from so i scaned it over to my husband and he made 6 copies of it b4 he filed it out he file out 3 mailed nvc 1 and mailed me 2, nvc got to have original signiture on form that why he had to mail them
so if something was to happen and they do not receive it then ill send it off cos he mailed me some signed by him. i mailed off fee for affidavit now im waiting to recieve the affidavit form i paid for so we can move on to our next step. it took 60 days for my I-130 to be approve .

Your I-30 got approved in 60 days ??????? That's great...I thought it was taking 9 months??? What service center did you file at?

To All that have a k-3 pending

Hello every one, just want to share my updates with this fourm:) I been in and out of this forum for awhile now. Last visit was in Nov,06. well I'm still in the game my I-130 at the NVC is completed, waiting on a interview at my spouse embassy (Nigeria, Lagos) my k-3 petition was transfer fron NVC to nigeria ,middle of Jan. Lagos embassy mailed my spouse packet 4, informing him of his interview, middle of may 21st:D all this time I was hoping for him to be here with me by Jan, 07 now I see why the k-3 is quicker because waiting on an interview is the long time comsumming NVC can not gurantee when a interview will happen I found out it can take up to 7 to 9 months before the spouse will get a interview date thank god we applied for the k-3 as well because most likely he wont get a date for the I-130 by next month also NVC schedules interviews for the I-130 on second thrusday of each month (April,12th ) is the second thursday of this month Im looking forward to see if he will have a date for next month and if he does I was told if its after may, 21st still go to it because he can still use it and come over with a green card . if any one want info on my sittuation email me with your concerns. I would also like to here from some of the post that was going through the k-3 when I was. Whats happening with yours. Is he or she here in the USA. My hubbie, be here June 3,07 If interview goes well:rolleyes:

help please

Hi everyone i am new to this i was wondering if anyone could help me i am not sure what to do i know i need to start a k-3 visa for my husband can anyone tell me what all i need to do to start the process so he can come over here and what kind of prices we will have to have any help i would be grateful thanks

Hello,
The only proof I have of is meeting are two, similar, photos. Is that not enough? I don't have my airline boarding passes etc. saved. I do have several emails (at least 1/day for 8 months) and phone calls (about the same).

Hello,

You need to file the following docs in that package :

1. Payment. Use a check so you can track the payment.
2. Cover Letter. Should include a description of what your are petitioning for (K-3 Visa), a table of contents (list everything in the packet). If you need additional room to explain your case, attach a separate sheet (list the attachment on the cover sheet). Make sure to sign and date the cover sheet.
3. Form I-129F: Petition for Alien Fiance(e). This form may be used to obtain a K-3/K-4 visa for your alien spouse and her or his child. Fill out the form as directed, except assume that "fiancé" or "fiancé(e)" means "spouse." answer Questions B.17 and B.18 by stating "N/A." Note that filing this form is only necessary to facilitate the entry of your spouse and her or his child as a nonimmigrant.
4. G-325A (all four pages) filled out by the US Citizen signed and dated
5. One passport-type photo (see note) of the US Citizen. Write the full name of the US citizen on the back. Place in a plastic bag and label the bag "Photo of <US Citizens Name>". Attach the bag to a sheet of paper and place behind the corresponding G-325a.
6. G-325A (all four pages) filled out by the foreign fiance(e) signed and dated
7. One passport-type photo (see note) of the foreign Spouse. Write the full name of the foreign Spouse on the back. Place in a plastic bag and label the bag "Photo of <Foreign Spouses Name>". Attach the bag to a sheet of paper and place behind the corresponding G-325a.
8. Copy of the Birth certificate for the US Citizen (front and back) or a copy of ALL pages of the US Citizen's passport. This is used to establish citizenship.
9. Copy of the NOA1 from the I-130
10. Optional but recommended: Copy of your marriage certificate.
11. In regards to Section C Question 2, if applicable provide certified copies of all court and police records showing the charges and dispositions for any specified conviction(s) (in accordance with the IMBRA). See section 9 of the I-129f instructions for more information.
------------------

Friends,

I sent out my wife's I-130 on monday & forget to attach payment.
Is there any way to send it now or which kind of impact I gonna get from USCIS? thanx..

USCIS will send you back the petition with a request for you to re-send it to them with the payment attached.

Alternatively you could send a fresh petition with the payment attached, and then disregard their notice for payment for the original petition.

Some people may suggest just sending them payment with a note attached, though in my view this is risky, as due to the sheer number of petitions the 2 service centres receive, it will be unlikely that the payment will find its way to your petition.....not impossible mind, but the first 2 suggestions I have given will be more fruitful for you.

How long does admin processing take place with the US Embassy abroad?

Hello guys,
i need your help? can some one tell me how long admin work takes with the US embassy abroad, to complete fiance's application after interview. My fiance has done her interview more than 4 months ago, still waiting for a visa? any one at the same boat? please share info or if you know anyone at the same boat.
Thank you so much for anyone's help.