K3, I-129 AND I-130 in process, any idea of time frame? my wife is pregnant!!

Dootson A

Registered Users (C)
ok my wife is pregnant and due on the 15th Sept 2011, we got married last year in the US on the 1st may 2010, i travelled bk an forth 3 times on the visa waiver programme but have been bk in England Since Feb 17th 2011, we filed for the K3, I-129 and I-130 all around the same time but i'm worried to death they wont be approved in time for me to get back for my sons birth, is there anyway I can enter the US on the visa waiver programme while my visa's are in process?? ANY HELP IS HUGELY APPRECIATED!!!

If you don't have the spousl visa in time, then yes you can definitely attempt to enter the US using the VWP. Of course, like with any visit, there is no guarantee that you will get in so be mentally prepared for a refusal of entry, though many people do visit the US during a fiancé or spousal visa process and get in without any hassle. Just make sure you have plenty of evidence on your person to show that you intend to return to the UK after your visit should you be asked.
One option you may consider is to fly via Dublin or Shannon. They have pre clearance for some of their US flights (not all the flights, but a lot of them) so you would go through immigration in Ireland. This way, if you're denied entry you don't have a long journey back home/potential overnight stay in holding. Whether immigration officers are stricter because of this is another thing, but it may be something you can look into.

what kind of evidence are you talking about? I just want to fly there on the 17th August stay for the birth of my son an then when we get notice that the visa's are completed an i need to go to the american embassy fly back to manchester and go to london to get my visa then fly back to america for good...... or am i being very naive here?

this visa stuff is really complicated an expensive and it is killing us both emotionally and financially...

any help as always is appreciated

Stuff that shows you have ties back in England that you need to return to......ie, a letter from your employer stating when you're due back at work, mortgage papers, house rental agreement etc.

i'd have to leave my job to come over for a few months, i dont have a mortgage i was renting but after spending 9 months bk an forth on the waiver last year i figured i'd move in with my parents until the process is finished......... any others you can think of lol?

Can't really think of any others, unless you just shorten your visit so you can return to work before you compete the visa process. You may rock up to immigration and not even be asked a single question and just waved on through.....or you could be inspected by an immigration officer who did not have time to get his favorite cup of coffee and so is in a bad mood and grills you. It's all about having evidence to help your case and prove that you aren't going to stay past your welome. Without the evidence it's just going to be the luck of the draw as to whether you will get in or not.